Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Anliena
Just found out..
by Anliena
February 13, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I found out this morning that my baby's heart stopped last week at 9w1d.  The last U/S picture I saw won't leave my head, it was just so cute and perfect. 

I'm going to talk to an MD tomorrow about a D&C (I saw the midwife today).  I just wanted any advice on what to expect since I've never had to deal with this before.  Has anyone else had a D&C and can tell me what it was like for them? 

Replies

• blessedmommie07
    February 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Namaste09
    February 13, 2013 at 11:15 PM
    I'm so sorry your loss.
  • chicago1
    February 13, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    So sorry for your loss *hugs*
  • AmericanChild82
    February 13, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Mine was pretty simple. They knocked me out, cleaned me out, woke up with a little bleeding and that was it.

• mommyofnoah208
    February 13, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I have not really, I was induced and delivered..but they did need to go in for the placenta...so kinda dnc. You will most likely be put out for it..not for sure. You probably will be a little sore afterwards and will probably have very little bleeding. I think it is pretty quick and I believe you go home the same time, no hospital stay or anything.

I am so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you

• NESmith63
    February 13, 2013 at 11:25 PM
    I had it. After dealing with a pregnancy that was strange from the beginning I decided to have the d&c. I waited weeks to miscarriage on my own and it didn't happen. The d&c was very easy. They knocked me out and a second later I was awake and well. All the drs and nurses were EXTREMELY nice and comforting. I went home and spent 3 days in bed but hardly had any pain or bleeding. I was just upset.

I still feel bad but when I woke up from the surgery I felt this overwhelming calming feeling. I thought it was wrong to feel this way but at the same time I went through a very rough 8 weeks. I had ultrasound every 5 days for 5 weeks to check for growth...there was a just a little but not enough...then waiting to miscarriage. Plus getting my hopes up at every ultrasound thinking there was hope. I think internally I was happy that I was free to mourn and get on with my life (which had basically stopped while going through all this).

Im so sorry for your loss. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. **hugs**
  • Anliena
    by Anliena
    February 14, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Thank you.  The midwife did tell me they would put me to sleep for it.  But beyond that I really don't know anything about it.  Thanks for answering my questions.

• Herlache
    February 14, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    I had a dnc on Dec 27th the dr and nurses were very nice put in an iv was put to sleep woke up and was sent home I was in no pain the next day I had some cramping bleed for 8 days I'm sorry for your loss!
  • cali_angel_girl
    Amy
    February 14, 2013 at 12:49 AM

((hugs)) I am so sorry for your loss hun.  I didn't have a d&c so I can't really tell you what to expect but I hope everything goes smoothly.

• Angela4boys
    February 14, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I had a D&C in January, I was also 9 weeks .  It was really not too bad.  I was awake for it, I had it in the office, my husband was with me.  They gave me Valium, Antibiotics, and Pain Meds to take prior to the procedure, and used a local.  I can't tell you there wasn't some discomfort, but the entire procedure took maybe 20-30 minutes, and within an hour of my appt, we were almost home.  The recovery was very easy. They gave me pain meds, but I didn't need to take anything other than Ibuprofen.  I had very light bleeding for about 10-12 days.

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN