Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Lizzy128
I feel bad about losing the weight
January 28, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Today my first baby would have been 1 years old and I would have been 4 months pregnant with my second. Both were lost at 10 weeks.  I gained about 30 pounds with both pregnancies (I didn't have morning sickness, I just ate like a pig. There was NEVER enough food). I did not mind the weight after the first one too much, but told myself I should loose it. After putting on an additional 30 pounds with the second, I am now 60 pounds heavier than I want/should be.  A lot of that weight is visible as a belly, which makes me still feel like I am 10 weeks pregnant, and I like that feeling because I really want to be pregnant. 

I started Weight Watchers, lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks and felt great, until I realized my belly was disappearing.  I hate the way I look, but my belly has become my comfort. I stopped my diet and my belly is back. 

I feel quilty about loosing the weight because I feel like I am getting rid of the only physical evidence I am have of being pregnant. 

Have any of you felt this way?

Replies

• Angela4boys
    January 28, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I'm feeling the opposite.  I've been doing My Fitness Pal, I've lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks.  It makes me feel really good, that I'm getting my body in the best possible shape for trying to conceive my rainbow.  (((hugs)))

• Lizzy128
    January 28, 2013 at 8:33 AM

That was exactly what I felt in the beginning too! I want to get back to a healthy weight so that I give my rainbow a fighting chance. I don't know, it just got hard to take in. But I am so glad you are doing good with your weight loss. Keep it up!!

• felisss
    by felisss
    January 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Oh.. Everything in this story is not your fault! Neither the MCs nor the weight gain. Please take care. I agree with te previous commenter, it's better to be back in shape to be in the best possible health ever. Hugs!

• Samantha1114
    January 28, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I had my mc in September at 10 weeks. At first, I was glad to lose the weight bc it was so awful to have that belly and know that there was nothing in it. Now, I have a tummy again. My period is late, but two pregnancy tests have tested negative, but I'm still liking my fat belly. If I do get my period, I want to get in the best possible shape so that I can conceive my rainbow in the spring or summer. 

• Angela4boys
    January 28, 2013 at 9:25 AM
    Thanks Hun, you too! We deserve to be in the best shape we can! That is what our angels would want for us ((( hugs)))

Quoting Lizzy128:

That was exactly what I felt in the beginning too! I want to get back to a healthy weight so that I give my rainbow a fighting chance. I don't know, it just got hard to take in. But I am so glad you are doing good with your weight loss. Keep it up!!

• Namaste09
    January 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    Same here I'm down 21lbs and I want to loose another 10 at least before we start trying again so then I know I am in shape and healthy again.

Quoting Angela4boys:

I'm feeling the opposite.  I've been doing My Fitness Pal, I've lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks.  It makes me feel really good, that I'm getting my body in the best possible shape for trying to conceive my rainbow.  (((hugs)))

• mustloveanimals
    January 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM

If you are looking to TTC again, it really is best to lose the weight and be healthy. Please see a therapist, too, to help you deal with the guilt you are feeling. You owe it to yourself to be healthy in mind and body.

Both of my losses were at 8 or 9 weeks, so I hadn't gained weight with either. I am thankful for that, so I did not have a chance at this added guilt you feel.

• Angela4boys
    January 28, 2013 at 1:01 PM
    Good for you!!

Quoting Namaste09:

Same here I'm down 21lbs and I want to loose another 10 at least before we start trying again so then I know I am in shape and healthy again.

Quoting Angela4boys:

• momofcrazypants
    January 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I too am on the "health binge". I gained some weight with this last pregnancy, this would have been my third child so I put it on pretty fast. At 16w I had already gained 15ish pounds or so and I wasn't even eating like a crazy person or anything. I'm just trying to get as healthy as possible for when we ttc again.

• MommaBoop922
    January 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Im sorry for your losses.  I think its normal to want to hold on to something to remember your pregnancies.  I held on to clothes and a few other items. Have you ever thought about seeking counseling?  This could help you work through the loss and get to a point where you are ready to move forward without feeling like you are leaving behind the memories of your pregnancy.  Plus you definitely want to get healthy again.  ((HUGS))  Good Luck to you and we are here to support you when you need it! 

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts