Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

iSMILEheCRIES
update again :) UPDATE spotting and cramping
January 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM

No more red spotting since like 8pm yesterday!  Right now I don't even have a discharge at all.  I had a little cottage cheese like discharge about 5-6 different times.  Right now I think it was the progestrone meds that caused the spotting like the doctor said and I am wondering if the discharge was the meds just coming back out.  The pill is tan colored and the discharge was kinda an odd color (not really white, not really yellow).  I feel like as long as there isn't tons of blood I will atleast get to see my baby on the ultrasound on Monday.  I will also be discussing this with my doctor and seeing if I can take the progestrone orally (like my last pregnancy) instead of vaginally to avoid these scares in the future.  Thanks for the love and care ladies- you have no clue how much I depend on ya'll.  I tell my boyfriend about ya'll like he should know you by name.

I had red spotting about 3 times last night.  Just little smudges on the toilet paper.  Then nothing for a few times.  Then a few times of like cream colored with tiny brown flecks in it.  I'm kinda confused about the brown flecks, it didn't really look like "old blood."  I don't think I am cramping really.  I have a stomach ache, but hell I always do anyway and the pains are belly button high so shouldn't be baby related.  I am gonna go to the mall in a bit and see what walking does to the bleeding.  Also I am wondering if this could be bladder related because I am drinking plenty of water but my urine is still murky and yellowish enough that it makes the toilet paper yellow. Hmmmm why me?  

I wiped and there was just a smidge of blood.  Now I "think" I am cramping.  I went from being so hopeful to being scared and angry.  My doc said the progestrone can cause some spotting, but I just don't feel hopeful now.  I feel like my baby will be gone before I even get to see him/her on ultrasound on Monday.  I am 6weeks today and morning sickness just started today- I was all bubbly and happy.  I know you ladies are going to tell me to be hopeful and try not to stress, but with my history/future I feel like it is already over.  My kids are going to be crushed.

Replies

• iSMILEheCRIES
    January 20, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Thanks for your input, I don't think my body is absorbing the P either- and that's why I have a weird discharge for only a few times in the morning.  In the middle of the night-like 5hours after I took my P I had another dab or red/pink blood, but I'm convinced its from the pills.  I am going to ask if I can take the medicine orally just to avoid the blood.  I am prone to vaginal infections so sticking anything up there increases that risk for me.  Thanks again for the info

Quoting Zealand2008:

Just wanted to put my two cents in about progesterone.  Remember I told you my Dad is a pharmacist.  He does compounding and works closely with a DO who focuses on Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy.

My progesterone levels were always in the normal range but I would always 3 days of spotting before my period so my doctor decided just to try progesterone to see if it helped.  Spotting before or after your period for more than 2 days can be an indication for low progesterone.  If you are taking during your cycle though you take it 3 days after ovulation to day 12 after ovulation.  I guess that's where charting comes in handy.  Then if you're not pregnant you should get af a couple days later.  For me, my spotting stopped so even though my tests said my progesterone was in the normal range obviously for my body it was not enough.  I found out later that my estrodiol levels were high so they weren't balanced.  I need more progesterone than usual to balance the high estodiol levels.

According to my Dad, he feels the cream is the best (this is not the cream you get at the store).  The next best would be suppositories.  Prometrium is in peanut oil so if you have peanut allergies, not good.  Also make sure it's being absorbed.  My body did not absorb the progesterone vaginally and it could just be the base it was in so you may need to ask about that if needed.  TMI but you will know it's not absorbing because it will look like cottage cheese coming out of you.  Very gross.

So-called “natural” hormones from yams (extracts of the wild yam Dioscorea villosa), etc. are not bioidentical. The dioscorea from yams may have some progesterone-like effects, but it is definitely NOT progesterone and it should not even be called a hormone. It’s hormonal effects are generally weak at best.

Anyway, hope that helps :)

Quoting Angela4boys:

Oh yeah!!!! Thank goodness! One more day to wait!

I have a couple of questions about the progesterone... I know that's not what the post is about, but since you have some experience. The dr wrote me a Rx for Prometrium (sp?). It's the progesterone, he said insert one pill vaginally daily. He wrote the Rx, although I was not tested for progesterone, I have no reason to believe it's an issue, but he said it will harm nothing. He said if I use it or not is up to me. So... Question is... Can I fill it and just keep it here? Is the expiration date a year+ out... Or is it one of those Rx's that need to be used within a certain amount of days? I know that's a strange question, but it's a piece if paper, and I bet it's going to turn up lost.

• Zealand2008
    January 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    I hear you. I tried using a probiotic vaginally and it all came out the next day. Has to be something to do with our body chemistry or something. Just make sure you ask you doctor to write the prescription for bio identical progesterone. It's made by a compounding pharmacist. Those synthetic ones are made from things like horse urine and our bodies don't know what to do with them.
    I also read in a few places using apple cider vinegar to treat bv and help balance the ph of vagina. I was going to start drinking some diluted in water. You can take a bath with it but I guess it's not good to take baths when pregnant?
    I can relate to all your concerns though. I have the same issues and doctors think it may have cause my miscarriage too so I would be freaking out if pregnant again. So annoying that the pleasure of being pregnant is taken after a miscarriage.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Thanks for your input, I don't think my body is absorbing the P either- and that's why I have a weird discharge for only a few times in the morning.  In the middle of the night-like 5hours after I took my P I had another dab or red/pink blood, but I'm convinced its from the pills.  I am going to ask if I can take the medicine orally just to avoid the blood.  I am prone to vaginal infections so sticking anything up there increases that risk for me.  Thanks again for the info

Quoting Zealand2008:

Just wanted to put my two cents in about progesterone.  Remember I told you my Dad is a pharmacist.  He does compounding and works closely with a DO who focuses on Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy.

My progesterone levels were always in the normal range but I would always 3 days of spotting before my period so my doctor decided just to try progesterone to see if it helped.  Spotting before or after your period for more than 2 days can be an indication for low progesterone.  If you are taking during your cycle though you take it 3 days after ovulation to day 12 after ovulation.  I guess that's where charting comes in handy.  Then if you're not pregnant you should get af a couple days later.  For me, my spotting stopped so even though my tests said my progesterone was in the normal range obviously for my body it was not enough.  I found out later that my estrodiol levels were high so they weren't balanced.  I need more progesterone than usual to balance the high estodiol levels.

According to my Dad, he feels the cream is the best (this is not the cream you get at the store).  The next best would be suppositories.  Prometrium is in peanut oil so if you have peanut allergies, not good.  Also make sure it's being absorbed.  My body did not absorb the progesterone vaginally and it could just be the base it was in so you may need to ask about that if needed.  TMI but you will know it's not absorbing because it will look like cottage cheese coming out of you.  Very gross.

So-called “natural” hormones from yams (extracts of the wild yam Dioscorea villosa), etc. are not bioidentical. The dioscorea from yams may have some progesterone-like effects, but it is definitely NOT progesterone and it should not even be called a hormone. It’s hormonal effects are generally weak at best.

Anyway, hope that helps :)

Quoting Angela4boys:

Oh yeah!!!! Thank goodness! One more day to wait!

I have a couple of questions about the progesterone... I know that's not what the post is about, but since you have some experience. The dr wrote me a Rx for Prometrium (sp?). It's the progesterone, he said insert one pill vaginally daily. He wrote the Rx, although I was not tested for progesterone, I have no reason to believe it's an issue, but he said it will harm nothing. He said if I use it or not is up to me. So... Question is... Can I fill it and just keep it here? Is the expiration date a year+ out... Or is it one of those Rx's that need to be used within a certain amount of days? I know that's a strange question, but it's a piece if paper, and I bet it's going to turn up lost.

• Zealand2008
    January 20, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    Here's the info on ACV

Apple Cider Vinegar, that wonderful old-timers home remedy, cures more ailments than any other folk remedy — we’re convinced! From the extensive feedback we’ve received over the past 8 years, the reported cures from drinking Apple Cider Vinegar are numerous. They include cures for allergies (including pet, food and environmental), sinus infections, acne, high cholesterol, flu, chronic fatigue, candida, acid reflux, sore throats, contact dermatitis, arthritis, and gout. Apple Cider Vinegar also breaks down fat and is widely used to lose weight. It has also been reported that a daily dose of apple cider vinegar in water has high blood pressure under control in two weeks!

It provides vitamins A, B6, C and E, which the body needs to fight off infection and disease (see Resources). It also contains high levels of calcium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus and potassium minerals. A deficiency of any of these minerals hinders a child’s healthy growth and development. Pectin, a dietary fiber, is another essential nutrient that can be obtained from apple cider vinegar.
    For an adult, drink 1-2 tablespoons diluted in 4-6 ounces of water or juice (must be diluted or it can burn) 3 times a day. For children, prepare 1 tablespoon in 6 ounces of juice 3 times a day.
    In addition to being used orally, apple cider vinegar can be used for vaginitis, urinary tract/bladder infections, and other female problems that would normally cause the use of antibiotics. Add 3 cups of pure apple cider vinegar to bath water and soak in the tub for twenty minutes. You can also carefully use a small medicine syringe filled with diluted apple cider vinegar to treat these problems as well. Be sure to press the syringe down very slowly when “injecting” the apple cider vinegar into the vaginal area! Do this four times daily. I have found it to work amazingly for healing vaginal infections in under two days!
  • cali_angel_girl
    Amy
    January 20, 2013 at 11:22 PM

So glad you haven't had any more spotting and I hope you get to see your baby bean on Monday.

• Zealand2008
    January 21, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    Good luck today. Praying for good things!

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN