Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

melodynewsome
update from Dr (new)
January 15, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I really like the new Dr and he explained a lot. We are going to focus on getting money for an IVF fresh cycle although I am scared at getting the $ together. I can pay it in parts and he will give me 20% off unless I can get a loan. I plan to check my credit first before applying so I can dispute anything that may not be correct. I am a little worried how we will get a loan since we had a short sale and BK although they have been awhile ago.

- Dr does not feel that I have PCOS as I do ovulate, I am not insulin resistant, my FSH and LH do not indicate this, he spoke about excess hair which is part of PCOS and that he feels is my ethnic background and I am just over weight. He said I just have ovulatory problems.

As far as my only 1 fresh cycle he looked and most were not as great as they made me believe to be and they needed to grow to day 6 to make blast stage which tend to mean there were problems. When we went over the medications that I took he was shocked at how little follistim that I took in my IVF and said that he would use a lot more. I did discuss with him that they were worried that I would over stim and have OHSS and he said that each women will make so many eggs per a cycle stimmed and increasing the amount is not going to change it but make the eggs better and more mature. The Dr said that I make a lot of eggs and him giving me more will not change it but ensuring you are stimmed well makes the eggs more mature and chromosomally normal. The thought is the embies had problems because they were to worried and did not have me stim correctly. The it went on to, yes I will have a high chance of OHSS but that is only caused with pregnancy and he would not do a fresh on me and they should not have even tried a fresh on me because it will not work which it did not.

The one embie that is left in his opnion would be the worse no matter what they say (they say they have no idea which one is left) and would be destine to not make a pregnancy or to miscarry.

DH and I feel we will move to a fresh cycle which would include the IVF but all embies will be grown to day 5 and then have chromosome 23 array so they will be frozen and no ET right away. FET will follow 2 months later as he does a long lupron protocle to estrace for 18 days and then transfer.

I will continue the thyroid meds, he game me 6 RX prenatal to try and then pick one he said the multi ones sold OTC are junk, contine fish oil, CoQ10 but upped to 800mg per day, vitamin D, Vitamin C, Methfolate.

When I do FET I will do Heparin, BA, and Pregnoise. My blood clotting tests are not alarming but are small and can cause issues, we will also treat any immune issues.

I need to have my tubes checked for blockage after I get AF since it has been 6 years and even though they were fine I have had m/c's and an infection could have been caught which may cause blockage or scaring and if thats the cause blockage can leak and be toxic.

Replies

• Herlache
    January 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM
    I'm glad you found some answers unfortunately the fertility talk went over my head I'm new but will keep following and thinking good thoughts on your next try good luck
  • jeniemarie
    January 16, 2013 at 3:02 AM
    sounds like a gret doctor and visit. at least he seems to care and really understands what is needed to get you a good outcome. its going to be a long journey but once you have your baby it will all be worth it. glad you got things cleared up and questions answered. good luck. praying everything works out for you
  • Angela4boys
    January 16, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    Wow, that's quite an appt! Sounds like a good one though!! It sounds like you have a good plan in place. I know you have at least one other baby ( I can see her in your picture...doll!). Was she an IVF baby?
  • momofcrazypants
    January 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM

That sounds very encouraging! I wish you and DH the very best with this new cycle!

• blessedmommie07
    January 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    That sounds like you had a very good and productive appt with a plan and everything. He sounds like a great doctor and I hope he can help you get your well deserved rainbow baby :)
  • Ladybugmama86
    January 16, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I ha ve to agree with this. But glad you sound so happy to have a plan in place!

Quoting Herlache:

I'm glad you found some answers unfortunately the fertility talk went over my head I'm new but will keep following and thinking good thoughts on your next try good luck

• iSMILEheCRIES
    January 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Wow that will be a journey, but it sounds like your doctor is wonderful and really cares about getting you a healthy baby!  Good luck

• cali_angel_girl
    Amy
    January 16, 2013 at 11:33 PM

It sounds like you have a great doctor and good luck to you in your ttc journey.

• t.pelley
    January 17, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I have no idea what these abbreviations are and im trying to follow.... i can say that i hope the best for you and your lineage but im still kind of confused...

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts