Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Treasure43
Hopeful signs :)
December 8, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I just wanted to share with you all something that has been so wonderful for me! For almost 5 months, I haven't been able to walk past or into the baby/child section without crying. Today, however, a friend of mine and I went shopping for my nephew and child we're sponsering for Christmas. I was able to walk around with no problem. In fact, we even went into a baby store soley to ooh and ahh over cute clothing. For the first time, I was able to have fun thinking about what the future held for me, instead of focusing on what I don't have right now. It was fun and such a relief!

I've also started journaling today for the first time. Previously, it was too raw a subject for me to write about. And tomorrow I'm going back to church for the first time since the miscarriage. My faith had taken a huge hit because I couldn't see how the God I believe in could allow something like this to happen. And I felt like I should have been able to find a reason why it happened but I couldn't. However, about a week ago a friend said something to me that really clicked. She said that what happened is horrible and God has a plan, but I might never find the reason for what happened. It was such a relief to hear her acknowledge it was horrible but tell me I might never know why it happened.

Anyway, just wanted to share the happiness and hope :)

Replies

• momofcrazypants
    December 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Glad you're doing better. I can see how your faith would take a huge hit, mine did too. It just didn't compute to me. I'm a little newer in the process, it's only been 3 weeks and 2 days since my D&C, but it's easier now that it was in the beginning. I can only hope to finally get to where you're at. Today, I had a hard time going to the grocery store. I passed two mommas who were pregnant. Difficult stuff, but I didn't break down crying this time. Hugs to you. What rough stuff this is.

• blessedmommie07
    December 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I'm so happy for you.  It really is nice to walk by a baby section without crying anymore though I still have moments I tear up or want to.  Journaling can be a good outlet.  And I'm glad your faith is getting stronger again.

• jacksmom3707
    December 8, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Journaling is a great thing to do. I think I'm going to write about my experience with my loss. I have turned to writing in the past to get me through tough times and it's always been helpful. I honestly feel like writing stuff in this group is a form of journaling too!

God does have a plan, my Mom said the same thing to me when I told her about my loss. Hang in there, you sound like you are on the right path.

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts