Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Lennox28
Probably having a miscarriage - maybe TMI UPDATE
November 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I woke up this morning to pee and there was a lot of red/dark red blood.  My husband woke up shortly after me and we ended up going to the ER b/c we didn't know quite what to do (OB's office was closed for the weekend and it's my first pregnancy).  The ER gave me a vaginal ultrasound and they're not showing anything except for a Corpus Luteum Cyst.  They said my HCG levels are 13 (I'm supposed to be 4 weeks 5 days) and given that and the amount of bleeding it's probably a miscarriage, but I have to follow up with my OB.  They can't see me until Wednesday.

We already told our families so I'm really not looking forward to telling them.  I've actually already avoided phone calls from both of my parents today. 

Update: I had my follow up appt this morning and they confirmed everything.  My ob said that we should wait 1-2 cycles before trying again.  She said mostly so that if/when I get pregnant again they will be able to tell how far along based on last lmp.  She did also mention my uterus healing fully as well.  I was at most 4weeks 5 days. So here's my question.  Am I more likely to have another miscarriage if we don't wait and I were to get pregnant right away?

Replies

• Angela4boys
    November 18, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    I am very sorry for your loss :(. We are here when ever you need to talk. ((Hugs))
  • Lennox28
    November 18, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Thank you.  We ended up calling our families just a little while ago.  They took it okay.  My mom came by of course and that was nice.  I just wish I didn't have to wait until Wednesday for confirmation either way.

Quoting Angela4boys:

I am very sorry for your loss :(. We are here when ever you need to talk. ((Hugs))

• steedjeanae
    November 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM

i totally understand what ur going thru i had a miscarriage about 3 weeks ago, the same exact thing happend to me that ur describing!!! hugs

• Angela4boys
    November 18, 2012 at 7:04 PM
    That really is hard :(. The day I found out at the doctors office, the sent me to the ER for confirmation...and just waiting those few hours were rough. Truth is though, I knew in the days leading up to that appointment the baby had died, I just felt it. I didn't have any bleeding, or cramping, had never had a prior loss, but my instincts were the baby had died. Isn't that horrible.

I am really sorry you are going through this. ((Hugs))

Quoting Lennox28:

Thank you.  We ended up calling our families just a little while ago.  They took it okay.  My mom came by of course and that was nice.  I just wish I didn't have to wait until Wednesday for confirmation either way.

Quoting Angela4boys:

• EAzizM
    by EAzizM
    November 18, 2012 at 7:39 PM
    Hugs. I am so sorry.
  • blessedmommie07
    November 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I'm so sorry.  

• purfectlilly
    November 18, 2012 at 8:44 PM

i wish you the best. it's so hard waiting in limbo to know for sure.

• Lennox28
    November 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Actually I think I knew too and I feel worse about that. I didn't have any normal pregnancy symptoms besides peeing.  I actually felt like in the back of my mind almost like I was lying when we were telling our families if that makes sense? Even though at the time there was no reason I should have felt that way.  It never really got to feel truly real.  I was actually wishing nausea on myself so it would seem more real.  I hate this feeling.

Quoting Angela4boys:

That really is hard :(. The day I found out at the doctors office, the sent me to the ER for confirmation...and just waiting those few hours were rough. Truth is though, I knew in the days leading up to that appointment the baby had died, I just felt it. I didn't have any bleeding, or cramping, had never had a prior loss, but my instincts were the baby had died. Isn't that horrible.

I am really sorry you are going through this. ((Hugs))

Quoting Lennox28:

Quoting Angela4boys:

• nmartin15
    November 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I am so sorry, we are all here if and when you need to vent.

• Lennox28
    November 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Thank you.  I just feel dumb I guess.  Like I should have known better, but I kept reading how there were other people with no symptoms and they'd gone on to have perfectly healthy babies so I just figured it was too early and the symptoms would come. 

Quoting nmartin15:

I am so sorry, we are all here if and when you need to vent.

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN