Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Lennox28
Probably having a miscarriage - maybe TMI UPDATE
November 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I woke up this morning to pee and there was a lot of red/dark red blood.  My husband woke up shortly after me and we ended up going to the ER b/c we didn't know quite what to do (OB's office was closed for the weekend and it's my first pregnancy).  The ER gave me a vaginal ultrasound and they're not showing anything except for a Corpus Luteum Cyst.  They said my HCG levels are 13 (I'm supposed to be 4 weeks 5 days) and given that and the amount of bleeding it's probably a miscarriage, but I have to follow up with my OB.  They can't see me until Wednesday.

We already told our families so I'm really not looking forward to telling them.  I've actually already avoided phone calls from both of my parents today. 

Update: I had my follow up appt this morning and they confirmed everything.  My ob said that we should wait 1-2 cycles before trying again.  She said mostly so that if/when I get pregnant again they will be able to tell how far along based on last lmp.  She did also mention my uterus healing fully as well.  I was at most 4weeks 5 days. So here's my question.  Am I more likely to have another miscarriage if we don't wait and I were to get pregnant right away?

Replies

• Lennox28
    November 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I am so sorry for your loss!  : ( 

Definitely not a group any of us want to join, but I feel better talking to people who have been through it.

Quoting steedjeanae:

i totally understand what ur going thru i had a miscarriage about 3 weeks ago, the same exact thing happend to me that ur describing!!! hugs

• nmartin15
    November 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM

yeah my first pregnancy-successful I didnt really have any symptoms until I was almost 12 weeks, other than peeing and being tired. I MC in May and that one I felt pregnant, but then spotting happened, they thought I was earlier than I knew I was so we had to wait. Worst two weeks of my life, the spotting stopped and was getting tired again. But then night before Dr I started bleeding again, and I just knew. Don't feel stupid, there is no way you could've known what was going to happen. Just know there are lots of us here to support you.

• Angela4boys
    November 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM
    Hun, don't beat yourself up, I waited to tell anyone (except hubby of course) until I was 14 weeks. I always wait until I get a second trimester ultrasound, at 14 weeks he was doing great, Heartbeat was 170. We told everyone...of course second trimester is the safe zone...now I know better. 16 weeks we lose him, in my gut I knew it. I didn't lose it at the doctors office, I was almost expecting it:(

It has kinda changed how I feel about waiting to tell. I am always independent, don't want or ask for help...but I did need support. You need support too, even if you don't realize it. Still I refused all help, I had friends that wouldn't take no for an answer, some that secretly left me pick me ups... Knowing I would never accept...and some that texted me constantly (I wouldn't answer the phone, but I would text).

What I have learned through this, there is no safe zone, and no matter if you just got a BFP that morning and the loss came an hour later, that is a baby, your baby, and you should be loved and supported through. ((Hugs)) Don't beat yourself up, your babies life deserved celebration each day!

Quoting Lennox28:

Actually I think I knew too and I feel worse about that. I didn't have any normal pregnancy symptoms besides peeing.  I actually felt like in the back of my mind almost like I was lying when we were telling our families if that makes sense? Even though at the time there was no reason I should have felt that way.  It never really got to feel truly real.  I was actually wishing nausea on myself so it would seem more real.  I hate this feeling.

Quoting Angela4boys:

That really is hard :(. The day I found out at the doctors office, the sent me to the ER for confirmation...and just waiting those few hours were rough. Truth is though, I knew in the days leading up to that appointment the baby had died, I just felt it. I didn't have any bleeding, or cramping, had never had a prior loss, but my instincts were the baby had died. Isn't that horrible.

I am really sorry you are going through this. ((Hugs))

Quoting Lennox28:

Thank you.  We ended up calling our families just a little while ago.  They took it okay.  My mom came by of course and that was nice.  I just wish I didn't have to wait until Wednesday for confirmation either way.

Quoting Angela4boys:

I am very sorry for your loss :(. We are here when ever you need to talk. ((Hugs))

• coelmommy824
    November 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I am so sorry (Hugs)

• Lennox28
    November 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Thank you.  I just wish Wednesday would get here already so I could go to the OB and confirm.  I took another test this morning and the line is lightening so I pretty much know, but yeah...

Quoting Angela4boys:

Hun, don't beat yourself up, I waited to tell anyone (except hubby of course) until I was 14 weeks. I always wait until I get a second trimester ultrasound, at 14 weeks he was doing great, Heartbeat was 170. We told everyone...of course second trimester is the safe zone...now I know better. 16 weeks we lose him, in my gut I knew it. I didn't lose it at the doctors office, I was almost expecting it:(

It has kinda changed how I feel about waiting to tell. I am always independent, don't want or ask for help...but I did need support. You need support too, even if you don't realize it. Still I refused all help, I had friends that wouldn't take no for an answer, some that secretly left me pick me ups... Knowing I would never accept...and some that texted me constantly (I wouldn't answer the phone, but I would text).

What I have learned through this, there is no safe zone, and no matter if you just got a BFP that morning and the loss came an hour later, that is a baby, your baby, and you should be loved and supported through. ((Hugs)) Don't beat yourself up, your babies life deserved celebration each day!

Quoting Lennox28:

Actually I think I knew too and I feel worse about that. I didn't have any normal pregnancy symptoms besides peeing.  I actually felt like in the back of my mind almost like I was lying when we were telling our families if that makes sense? Even though at the time there was no reason I should have felt that way.  It never really got to feel truly real.  I was actually wishing nausea on myself so it would seem more real.  I hate this feeling.

Quoting Angela4boys:

That really is hard :(. The day I found out at the doctors office, the sent me to the ER for confirmation...and just waiting those few hours were rough. Truth is though, I knew in the days leading up to that appointment the baby had died, I just felt it. I didn't have any bleeding, or cramping, had never had a prior loss, but my instincts were the baby had died. Isn't that horrible.

I am really sorry you are going through this. ((Hugs))

Quoting Lennox28:

Thank you.  We ended up calling our families just a little while ago.  They took it okay.  My mom came by of course and that was nice.  I just wish I didn't have to wait until Wednesday for confirmation either way.

Quoting Angela4boys:

I am very sorry for your loss :(. We are here when ever you need to talk. ((Hugs))

• Motherwannabe12
    November 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I'm so sorry! I've been through this more times than I want to admit. I knew I was expecting every time before the lines told me what I already knew and I knew every time that I lost the pregnancy before the signs were there. There is nothing you can do but hang in there. We're here if you need to vent. Don't beat yourself up. Rest, relax and cry and vent all you need to. *HUGS*

• dawny36
    by dawny36
    November 19, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I'm sorry about your loss, the waiting is horrible, I had to wait a week before mine was confirmed. we're always here if you need to talk

• Lennox28
    November 21, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Updated in original post.

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support