Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

sisster
Normal behavior, or not?
by sisster
November 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I know of a woman who has had two miscarriages. She passed the first fetus and kept it sealed in a paper bag in the freezer.  She has since had another miscarriage and plans to do the same. This fetus was more developed with human features. Is this a current acceptable method of disposing of the fetus? ( She has four children)

My apologies to those suffering the loss of their child for this technical question.

Replies

• blessedmommie07
    November 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I think most do the traditional burial or cremating.  But every women handles loss differently.  She might just want to stay close to her babies.

• EAzizM
    by EAzizM
    November 17, 2012 at 12:20 AM
    I agree with pp. It just might be how she deals with it. And she isn't doing anything illegal, atleast i don't think it is. Is it? Idk.
  • Angela4boys
    November 17, 2012 at 7:01 AM
    I know the reason we chose to cremate was to keep our baby close. I figured the only options were burial or cremation, but later found out that every state has different laws regarding remains, and some allow you to take the remains home (at that point of course it's up to you), that's of course if you are at the hospital, if you are at home it's always up to you.

There is just no way I can say what is normal or not, everyone, every culture, every situation is different.
  • iSMILEheCRIES
    November 17, 2012 at 9:47 AM

It might be weird, but most people cant understand what a mommy who has lost a baby is thinking.  Honestly, she might be saving them so one day she can get them tested-maybe she hasn't found a doctor yet who cares.  And maybe its a control issue- she couldn't control losing the babies, but she can control where they are now.  Maybe she is saving them for burial- like taking them home to her mother's house on Christmas vacation.  I'm just saying there could be any number of reasons, and I don't think anyone who hasn't lost a baby (and even some who have) could understand her reasons even if she explained them. 

• sisster
    by sisster
    November 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Thanks for your insight.

• sisster
    by sisster
    November 18, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Ok. Everyone deals with loss differently

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups