Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Zealand2008
Saying Goodbye
November 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Today we bury our little angel. He will forever be in our hearts. There was nothing more sad though than watching my husband carve our sons name into a tiny casket last night. I am grateful for the closure but this won't be an easy day.

Replies

• blessedmommie07
    November 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM

*Hugs*  I hope its peaceful for you.  The day we took our daughters remains and place them at the cemetery was sad and hard but thankfully peaceful.

• iSMILEheCRIES
    November 16, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Hugs.  I hope this brings you a small measure of peace.  I know going to Lily's grave makes me feel a little better.  I think I was in shock the day I buried her, because I barely remember it and I regret not putting her name on her box and I regret not adding anything to her box like photos or letters.  Hugs honey and I pray for peace for you today.

• mommyofnoah208
    November 16, 2012 at 1:07 PM
    Thinking of you today
  • Zealand2008
    November 16, 2012 at 1:12 PM
    We didn't know what to add either. A friend of mine gave us a tiny guardian angel holding a baby when we first found out we were pregnant so we put that in the box.
  • iSMILEheCRIES
    November 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I think that is wonderful.  An angel to help the little one get to Heaven.  Add a family photo of you and Daddy.  Or maybe a special blanket, or an outfit you bought.  My mom made Lily a full nursury set with little owls and polka dots, so she made a tiny blanket in the same material and we wrapped Lily in that so she could sleep forever in her Nana Blanket.  I just wish I would have done more and more. 

Quoting Zealand2008:

We didn't know what to add either. A friend of mine gave us a tiny guardian angel holding a baby when we first found out we were pregnant so we put that in the box.

• Zealand2008
    November 16, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

I think that is wonderful.  An angel to help the little one get to Heaven.  Add a family photo of you and Daddy.  Or maybe a special blanket, or an outfit you bought.  My mom made Lily a full nursury set with little owls and polka dots, so she made a tiny blanket in the same material and we wrapped Lily in that so she could sleep forever in her Nana Blanket.  I just wish I would have done more and more. 

Quoting Zealand2008:We didn't know what to add either. A friend of mine gave us a tiny guardian angel holding a baby when we first found out we were pregnant so we put that in the box.

That's so sweet. They have a little blanket in there. I didn't buy any outfits or anything for the nursery yet. I was waiting until I hit the 2nd trimester. I was almost there. I bought a little silver baby ring with 6 emeralds on it which would have been his birthstone. I will wear that to remember him always. We are also going to buy a little bootie Christmas ornament for the tree this year.
  • cali_angel_girl
    Amy
    November 16, 2012 at 10:12 PM

((hugs))

• Angela4boys
    November 17, 2012 at 7:10 AM
    Aww, thinking of you ((hugs))

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts