Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

KenzieQsMommy
I Just Found Out Yesterday
October 10, 2012 at 12:23 PM

We were ridiculously excited to go for our 10 week ultrasound. This is our second child, our first was a surprise and we planned this one.

Everything went as normal, we even started talking about labor and delivery while I was there. And then the ultrasound. The nurse couldn't find the heartbeat. So she called the dr in. He couldn't find it either. We were told our baby is no long alive.

We're crushed. We cried all day yesterday and today feels like the longest day of my life. Its barely 10:30am. We had so many dreams and things centered around this little life. Our DD was through the moon about being a big sister. It feels like our dreams were shattered.

Now we have the gut wrenching decisions to make. Do I wait, who knows how long, to do it naturally? D&C? That scary pill? I'm so lost and so incredibly heartbroken.

Replies

• juniebug11
    October 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    I'm am so sorry * hugs*
    It really is a tough time, take it day by day.
    I lost my baby naturally , and i did it at home.
  • TellurideTam
    October 10, 2012 at 12:28 PM

You are in my prayers. I know exactly what you went through. I'm so sorry. Just pray and know that God has called another desperately needed Angel back home. You're baby will always be a part of you and don't let anyone tell you that you're not normal if you have strange dreams or feelings that you've never had before. And please share ALL of your feelings with those closest to you. That will be the quickest and easiest way to heal and get your emotional, spiritual and physical strength back. We never want to hear it, but everything happens for a reason...may this bring you some peace and comfort.

• KenzieQsMommy
    October 10, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Quoting juniebug11:

I'm am so sorry * hugs*
    It really is a tough time, take it day by day.
    I lost my baby naturally , and i did it at home.

Thank you. I hope this happens at home but I'm absolutely terrified of it not.

• dawny36
    by dawny36
    October 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, the same thing happened to me last month, I went for a 10 week ultrasound and found out i miscarried at 5 weeks, my body didn't know it, I didn't want to wait for my body to do it on its own so I wanted the d&c, the morning of the d&c my body started miscarrying on its own but they did the procedure anyway to make sure everything came out.  I didn't have bleeding or cramping afterward but everyone is different.  There's a lot of people who do not want surgery.  It's a hard decision i wish i could tell you what to do.  I can tell you that it will get easier over time.  I still get upset and cry every once in a while but i've made peace with what had happened, I also believe that everything happens for a reason and this pregnancy wasn't meant to be.  Hang in there,  I wish the best for you and your family!

• KenzieQsMommy
    October 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Thank you.

Quoting TellurideTam:

You are in my prayers. I know exactly what you went through. I'm so sorry. Just pray and know that God has called another desperately needed Angel back home. You're baby will always be a part of you and don't let anyone tell you that you're not normal if you have strange dreams or feelings that you've never had before. And please share ALL of your feelings with those closest to you. That will be the quickest and easiest way to heal and get your emotional, spiritual and physical strength back. We never want to hear it, but everything happens for a reason...may this bring you some peace and comfort.

• juniebug11
    October 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM
    Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Just try to stay calm, and relax. Put her feet up, take a hot bath, and maybe get a book to read. It was very hard, and very lonely. I stayed in bed, and just cried. We all are going to have those moments, and it's hard if you play the "what if" this happens or that happens. Just take it as it comes, I wish the best for you and your family.
  • blessedmommie07
    October 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.  Some choose do a D&C so they don't have to wait wondering when will the process begin and what if your doing something.  Some wait and do it naturally.  And some take the pill so they at least know it will happen real soon.  I'm sorry you have to experience this pain.  *Hugs*

• mommyofnoah208
    October 10, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    I am so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family. I am not sure which option would be best, I think its just whichever you think you can handle more
  • Angela4boys
    October 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I am so sorry for your loss :(  Losing a baby is a pain like no other. 

I don't know what you should do, but for me, I chose to do the induction, using cytotec.  In our situation, that didn't go well, and I ended up having a D&E (nearly the same as a D&C...but I was farther along).  I just couldn't wait around knowing that he had already passed. 

I hope you come to a conclusion about what works best for your family.  We're all here if you need support (((hugs)))

• tiffluv81
    October 10, 2012 at 4:57 PM

They actually kept me for two days due to the bleeding. Then my doc decided not to do d&c he told them to let me take so pills to contract my uterus which was the most horrible pain ever. I really thought that giving felt like that. So much agony. They notice that I still had tissue lingering so they put me on a table and used some scrapper thing and scrapped my uterus which also was painful. So I hope u feel better and able to decide.

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support