Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Featured Posts
Cafe Robin
Challenge: Raise Awareness about SIDS, Pregnancy & Infant Loss - Win a Prize
October 1, 2012 at 7:53 PM

October is SIDS, Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month

Let's help raise awareness on CafeMom by creating one long thread dedicated to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), Pregnancy & Infant Loss.

Reply to this post with ribbons, symbols, info, stories, logos, links, bumps and any thoughts that you'd like to share.

sids ribbonThree member who reply to this post during the month of October will win a CafeMom tote bag.

For more information on SIDS, Pregnancy& Infant Loss:
http://sids.org/
http://www.nationalshare.org/
http://www.stillnomore.org/

Giveaway rules:

• The Raise Awareness about SIDS, Pregnancy & Infant Loss Giveaway starts 10/1/12 at 7pm (ET) and ends 10/31/2012 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Tote Bag.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/7/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules

Replies

• kscc
    by kscc
    October 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Good Morning!  I have a friend, who lost her daughter to SIDS.  She is a true leader in this community and has written an article for my site on this topic. I would love to give her the bag. I asked her to do a write up to help educate people who have not been through this and to help women who have.  It is a very important topic and I am glad you are bringing awareness for everyone! Thank you!

• MaverickMama
    October 15, 2012 at 11:49 PM
    In May 2006 i lost my first baby. I was so excited to be a first time mom. I got to keep that happiness for a few days. I started bleeding and cramping hard and long story but i ended up finding out it was ectopic. I did go on to have 2 amazing boys. Then in September 2009 i found out i was pregnant again, and that sweet angel went to heaven as well. I still cry for my 2 sweet angels.
    My sister also lost her son. My angel nephew Weston in January 2008, born 4 months stillborn. Its heartbreaking.
  • mcbrookie92
    October 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM
    This year a sids awareness pageant was started near the town i live in so i put my daughter in it. They will have one every year and i plan to continue to let her participate. She didnt win this last one and it isnt about her winning. Its about supporting a cause.
  • rocrobin90
    October 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM
    Praying for all the families the experienced loss. I lost my 1st son when I was 20 weeks
  • sasterns
    October 16, 2012 at 11:01 PM
    Just lost baby at 11 1/2 weeks due to tubal preg. :-( Never had experienced loss of a baby and don't wish that pain on anyone. Thank God for my precious little boy I have already. He gets me through my days.
  • tbilliot
    October 17, 2012 at 3:00 AM

hi, my name is tasha i lost my son on september 7th 2010 he was born on july 17th 2010 he passed away after haveing open heart surgery.. i have been trying to talk to mothers that have had loss of there babies and have had miscarrges i just had a miscarrges on the 12th of october i was 5 weeks pregnant im haveing a hard time dealing with the loss of my son and now im trying to deal with my miscarrge..i dont really know what todo this the first time i have got on one of these things..im so sorry to hear about ur loss i was wanting to know how ur doin with things and wanted to know if u have other kids i have a 10 year old boy..sorry so long like i said its my first time getting on one of these things

• Ladybugmama86
    October 17, 2012 at 7:07 PM

The candles that I burned Monday in honor of my 2 babies and the big one for all the other angel babies and parents that are mourning their children.

• Ladybugmama86
    October 17, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Memorial for our lost babies at my first walk to remember

• Ladybugmama86
    October 17, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I am so sorry for your losses!! I lost my first son, he was stillborn January 21. I found out the day after he was due that he no longer had a heart beat. In May, 2 days before mothers day I found out I was pregnant again, I told my husband and we told our mothers for mothers day. That baby was due Janury 21. July 17th at 13 weeks I had a dnc because the baby had stopped growing at 10 weeks and no longer had a heart beat. That baby was a girl.

It is so hard to lose one baby, but to lose two in such a short time is very hard as well.

Quoting tbilliot:

hi, my name is tasha i lost my son on september 7th 2010 he was born on july 17th 2010 he passed away after haveing open heart surgery.. i have been trying to talk to mothers that have had loss of there babies and have had miscarrges i just had a miscarrges on the 12th of october i was 5 weeks pregnant im haveing a hard time dealing with the loss of my son and now im trying to deal with my miscarrge..i dont really know what todo this the first time i have got on one of these things..im so sorry to hear about ur loss i was wanting to know how ur doin with things and wanted to know if u have other kids i have a 10 year old boy..sorry so long like i said its my first time getting on one of these things

• dallascowboys82
    October 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM
    Just curious, why would you be burying your baby by the end if the month

Quoting LilysMommy813:

I just posted a note and photo on my Facebook reminding people that October is pregnancy and infant loss awareness month ( I didn't know about SIDS)

My friend is burying her baby on Saturday and I should be burying mine at the end of the month, so it is very close to home for all my friends and family

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts