MAMAS LATINAS

cecisMama
pozole...?!
January 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Ok chicas-
Please help!?
I like to make pozole
(white corn like kernels)
But are there any other ways to cook el maiz?
Any other recipes?

Replies

• Alejandra10
    January 29, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    Sorry here is a bump I have always made either white pozole or red pozole with them nothing else
  • lilian1991
    January 29, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Give me the recipe? Quiero aprender como hacerlo. I'm salvi pero mi flako he's mexican I need to learn.

• RainyRain
    January 29, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I have only made pozole soup with it.

Pozole (the kernels) is Hominy. 

Try googling or youtubing hominy.

Here is a website with recipes: http://recipes.bushbeans.com/recipes/hominy-recipes.aspx

Hope you find something.

XoXoXo's

• Supervane
    January 30, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    I've always liked it when cooked in direct fire. We cook outside alot in my family
  • LOVES67
    by LOVES67
    January 30, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I make Pozole, with white maiz in the can "Juanitas" is really good, I buy chile Ancho, Aguajillo, Pasilla, make my own chile with garlic, salt, cumin, my friends and family like it. if you want the recipe let me know..

• jenn31
    by jenn31
    January 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Do you have an HEB near you? They make some great pozole, just warm up add chicken or meat and you are done.

• cecisMama
    January 31, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    Thanku chicas-
    I do know how to make pozole,
    Rojo o verde
    C/carne o pollo
    ...What I meant was OTRAS recetas c/el maiz? :)

Quoting cecisMama:

Ok chicas-

Please help!?

I like to make pozole

(white corn like kernels)

But are there any other ways to cook el maiz?

Any other recipes?
  • juareza92
    January 31, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    Mmm pozole suena rico!
  • Alejandra10
    January 31, 2013 at 7:33 PM
    The wayi do it id I boil the meat we like it with pork meat but have also done it with chicken. I boil the mead in water and just take all the icky stuff that floats around I scoop that out. While that is doing I boil some chile guajillo some chile ancho and some chile de arbol (we like it spicy) forgot to add when I'm boiling the mead I put some pieces if gaflic and onion some salt. Once the meat is half way cooked then I blend the chiles and I strained them n the meat that is boiling I get the can hominy and personally I take the water out some people add the water but I take it off and rinse them I add them in the meat and let them cook I try it to see if it needs salt or something and then just let it keep cooking until the meat is fully cooked and the pozole is ready

Quoting lilian1991:

Give me the recipe? Quiero aprender como hacerlo. I'm salvi pero mi flako he's mexican I need to learn.

• Alejandra10
    January 31, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    Now if you want to do it white then you do the same you boil the meat with onion garlic and once its half way you add the kernels you add some bay leaved I thinks that's how you call it in english I spanish they are called hoja de laurel. Some oregano and just let it cook you try it from sald and yeah its basically the same you just don't add the chile

MAMAS LATINAS

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts