MAMAS LATINAS

octobermommy210
How many of people live in your house?
August 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM
How many people live in your house? Right now ther's 5 but soon to be 7! My single mommy sister and my niece will be moving in because she wants to save up to buy her own house and as a single mom its hard for her to save up. She'll be paying $500 a month to pitch in. Now for those of you with "large familias" what do you cook for dinner that's enough for everyone but also inexpensive? I'm a s..a.h.m because daycare would be crazy expensive for my 2 little boys. We're doing ok financially but its just that groceries are soo expensive! Any ideas for on meals that are plentiful yet don't break your bank?

Replies

• RainyRain
    August 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM

We are 4. My hubby, my 2 boys and me.

I would just add an extra pound for meats, buy extra fruits and veggies and cook the same foods that you were cooking before. You can also make soups and/or salads to start your meals.

• Supervane
    August 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM

There are 3 of us...  But I've lived in large families and multi family homes. My mom and I once lived with My aunt and her 2 sisters plus their kids so there was at least 12 of us under 1 roof. Buy things in bulk and freeze what you can - hope you have a storage freezer!

• LMJ1
    by LMJ1
    August 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM

• kgmmw
    by kgmmw
    August 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM
    5 plus a dog. Hubby, me and my three kids
  • JeannetteG
    August 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM
    We have a family of 5.
  • ZachysMama08
    August 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM
    My two LO's, myself and my parents so 5 of us
  • joey4518
    August 15, 2012 at 1:09 AM
    Right now 4 soon my lil sis in jan my sis with son full house my poor hubby lol
  • mum1
    by mum1
    August 15, 2012 at 9:19 AM
    5 my so, me & 3 kids
  • angie582
    August 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    We're 6 2 adults and 4.kuddos
    My go to cheap big meals are
    Spaghetti (any pasta dish is cheap and u can make plenty and they make good left overs)
    Enchiladas also way cheap (tortillas are like 2.50 for a 50 pack
    Any form of casseroles
    ...meatloaf!

MAMAS LATINAS

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts