MAMAS LATINAS

dinahrp
How many of you ladies wore a "faja" after having a baby?
by dinahrp
May 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM

As a Mexican American I grew up with many traditions and superstitions.  One tradition I learned was that after having a baby you wear a "faja" or abdominal binder to keep your sexy figure. Not the spandex ones you wear underneath your clothes.  The fajas our mothers and our tias wore.  Usually a heavy cotton material you wrap tightly around your waist and it ties, or the updated version the kind that are heavy duty super elastic that velcro.   Now that I have 4 kids- 3 vag deliveries, my 4th baby a c-section- and that I've worked in post partum and nursery, I was suprised to learn how many of my  nurse friends and patients never heard of wearing a faja.  The few that did wear one was for a medical reason. 

Let me tell you how amazing fajas are.  From a medical point, they help with healing because they provide abdominal support and helps your abdominal muscles and everything else go back in place.  Also you are less likely to overeat while wearing a faja.  I wore mine after having all 4 kids for about 6-8 weeks.  It was the best thing after my c-section.  I was able to get out of bed by myself the same night after the c-section.  So what are the results?  I was back in my size 2-3 clothes and have a flat belly by about the eighth week.   You see results right away.  Literally with each passing day I could see the changes.  I only took it off to shower.  I lost the weight fast.  OK, I also breastfed and that helped too. 

Tell me your success stories and wether or not you have heard of or done this.

Replies

• mami323
    by mami323
    May 8, 2012 at 3:01 PM
    I did with all 3 of mine and started after my second I wore it just because , stopped after getting preggo with my 6 month old , I even made a post in here for wearing it while early preggo lol.
    THERES a age gap between my 9 year old and 6 month old . I still wear one not everyday as I should.

After PP I wore it right after , to sleep, everyday for about 4 months
  • NADIA-R
    by NADIA-R
    May 8, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I wore them. my mom usually would come to my house after 2 weeks I had given birth and she would strap one on. I used to think she wanted to make my life miserable cause there were times I still felt weak and sore and the faja was another pain added to all of that. but after 4 kids I had no belly pouch. One day my friends and I were comparing ourselves in front of a mirror wearing some tight party dresses and all 5 of them had that little pouch right below your stomach except for me and they all ask how come you don't have one once I told them how I wore a faja they agreed it must have been that cause they never did wore one.

• dinahrp
    by dinahrp
    May 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Quoting NADIA-R:

I wore them. my mom usually would come to my house after 2 weeks I had given birth and she would strap one on. I used to think she wanted to make my life miserable cause there were times I still felt weak and sore and the faja was another pain added to all of that. but after 4 kids I had no belly pouch. One day my friends and I were comparing ourselves in front of a mirror wearing some tight party dresses and all 5 of them had that little pouch right below your stomach except for me and they all ask how come you don't have one once I told them how I wore a faja they agreed it must have been that cause they never did wore one.

• Supervane
    May 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM
    I tried to,.but I was dropping weight and inches so quickly the poor faja couldn't keep up, I went through 3 sizes. In a week I had lost 10 pounds and by a month I was weighing less than my pre baby weight. I had a c section, and I know that many women get that divided lonja, I don't have one thank god and my fajas
  • dinahrp
    by dinahrp
    May 8, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I think they do make a great difference.  I don't look I've had 4 kids.  I have no belly.  The ones that I know that wore a faja also look amazing.  we need to post pics. 

• dinahrp
    by dinahrp
    May 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Quoting Supervane:

I tried to,.but I was dropping weight and inches so quickly the poor faja couldn't keep up, I went through 3 sizes. In a week I had lost 10 pounds and by a month I was weighing less than my pre baby weight. I had a c section, and I know that many women get that divided lonja, I don't have one thank god and my fajas

• dinahrp
    by dinahrp
    May 8, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I wore the Medela post partum size small then I went to a home made one cause it was too big after about 4 weeks.  This is something I tell all my prego friends about.

• momma_814
    May 8, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    Fajas are the bomb! I wore one after all 4 of my kids. I'm in a size 4 and my belly doesn't look like I had 4 kids. Also lotion helped out a lot to keep the stretch marks away. I don't have any on my belly. I have a few light ones on my hips but that's it. I too tell every prego friend I have.
  • NADIA-R
    by NADIA-R
    May 8, 2012 at 3:47 PM

that's nice I wish someone would had told me what to do to avoid the stretch marks with my first pregnancy; I learned after but it was to late I already had many I have been able to make them look less noticeable but still I wish I could be without them.

Quoting momma_814:

Fajas are the bomb! I wore one after all 4 of my kids. I'm in a size 4 and my belly doesn't look like I had 4 kids. Also lotion helped out a lot to keep the stretch marks away. I don't have any on my belly. I have a few light ones on my hips but that's it. I too tell every prego friend I have.

• sophiesmom07
    May 8, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Yup.  I don't know if it helped or not.

MAMAS LATINAS

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts