Family Vacations & Getaways

tabs852
Disney World!!!!!!
by tabs852
September 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM
We've decided to go to DW next October for our anniversary & daughter's 3rd birthday. I'm so beyond excited!!! I can't wait to start planning!!!!!! My son is fascinated by the monorail so I'm thinking about stating in the Contemporary. Their pool looks really fun too!! Although, it might be too chilly to swim.. I'm Aldo considering the Polynesian. We've stayed in the Grand Floridian twice, the Wilderness Lodge & Fort Wilderness so those are definitely out! Any suggestions?? I've thought about staying in a cheaper resort but would it feel as magical being that we've only stayed in deluxe resorts? Our kids are still young & won't know the difference but dh & I will.

Replies

• CityMom012
    November 13, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    Even though its your anniversary, make the trip about the kids. Stay at the Value resorts. The "All-Star" ones. It will feel magical because those resorts have themes and character decorations that cater to kids interests. Just like Disney World does. Then take a night for you and the hubby to go to dinner in downtown disney.
  • BeyondCastles
    November 14, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Hi!  Disney is so great!!  My family goes as often as we can and I'm a Disney vacation planner-- can't get enough Disney!! :)  Anyway, the Contemporary and the Polynesian are awesome resorts.  We've stayed at both.  We've never had any problem with noise in either one of those resorts.

I personaly prefer the tropical theme of the Polynesian over the Contemporary and they have an awesome volcano slide that my kids just love!

If you want to talk more about your trip, just message me!

• saysmom
    by saysmom
    December 19, 2012 at 7:19 PM

We stayed at Pop Century and it is by no means luxurious but it was nice and clean and everyone was very friendly! My daughter loved it because they have alot of character statues and a huge bowling ball & pin! I am not going to stay anywhere nasty but am also not going to pay a fortune for something I am ONLY sleeping in. No kidding we left by 8 every morning and didnt get back until 10-11PM.

• tonijmccann
    December 25, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I feel like the value resorts are better for your kids.. more characters and statues of cool things kids would like and kid-friendly pools that they will be amazed by. The deluxe resorts are nicer for the adults, more luxurious. 

Family Vacations & Getaways

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts