Parenting Positive Kids

AlannaMaria
Do your kids help you decorate the Christmas tree?
November 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Is yours up? When will you be putting it up?

Replies

• jenny3344
    November 30, 2013 at 7:26 AM
    DD decorated the tree all by herself as a surprise for me. She is 9. She did a good job, its just a little uneven and top heavy. I admire her enthusiasm and determination to decorate the tree. I cannot re do the tree or it would crush her confidence. So I added some more lights and evened out the bulbs. I'm not entertaining this year so I asked myself if it really mattered if the tree wasn't perfect and the answer was no. So I decided to leave the tree just the way she fixed it with a few of my improvements. And everything worked out OK.
  • AlannaMaria
    November 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    Awe... What a good mom you are :)

Quoting jenny3344:

DD decorated the tree all by herself as a surprise for me. She is 9. She did a good job, its just a little uneven and top heavy. I admire her enthusiasm and determination to decorate the tree. I cannot re do the tree or it would crush her confidence. So I added some more lights and evened out the bulbs. I'm not entertaining this year so I asked myself if it really mattered if the tree wasn't perfect and the answer was no. So I decided to leave the tree just the way she fixed it with a few of my improvements. And everything worked out OK.
  • AlannaMaria
    November 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    We are getting our tree Sunday and both the kids will help decorate it :)
  • bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    December 2, 2013 at 5:29 AM

They sure do. No it's not up, we put it up two weeks before Christmas.

• Milsmum
    by Milsmum
    December 2, 2013 at 5:34 AM
    Iv got to go get a new tree but its going to be done by the weekend (i hope) i let DD help decorate but it has to look even, i cant have the decorations just flung on so when she's in bed i may fix it a lil
  • Lizzys_mommy13
    December 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Mine isn't up yet. We were going to do it this coming weekend, but we may do it next. Just depends on weather, cost and how brave we are with our son (10 months)! lol 
    Our daughter loves  helping decorate though! She will most definitely be helping. I'll probably give my son a plastic ornament or something so that he feels included as well. 

• MomtoAlexis05
    December 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM

confusedWe will be putting ours up this weekend as it is the weekend we will be getting my daughter and we will be goin to this ultra Neat tree farm that allows you a horse drawn ride and tour and ability to cut down your own tree etc, and watch it get bundled etc. and yes she def does help decorate has since she has been able to walk.........

• sara_7106
    December 3, 2013 at 12:34 PM
    Yes, we put it up on Sunday
  • Ambear72
    December 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Yes they do  Here is a picture! 

• Juniper53098
    December 3, 2013 at 11:38 PM

We'll hopefully be putting it up this weekend.  The kids will definitely help.  My daughter loves to sort the branches.

Parenting Positive Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN