Parenting Positive Kids

brittany208
How do you stay positive?
October 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM

When you are having a rough day... or even just any day.... how do you stay a positive mom? Do you read books, blogs, talk to friends, pray, say a mantra, eat chocolate....?

Replies

• ablackdolphin
    October 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Yoga did wonders for me...sadly, after DS hit about 6 months, I stopped practicing and haven't gone back. I miss it and REALLY need it.  Running has taken it's place but I'd love to find balance and do both!

• ablackdolphin
    October 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Talking to my mom always helps. My mom is so sweet and wonderful!

• ablackdolphin
    October 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Calling my 93 yr old Gma helps too!

• momofnancy
    October 16, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I will usually talk to my mom (aka mother-in-law), blog, pray, and eat a treat. I also read a daily verse of the day.

• brittany208
    October 16, 2013 at 4:31 PM

do you have your own blog?

Quoting momofnancy:

I will usually talk to my mom (aka mother-in-law), blog, pray, and eat a treat. I also read a daily verse of the day.

• momofnancy
    October 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I do, but you have to have a shutterfly.com account. :)

• brittany208
    October 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM

(by the way, you have to hit the "quote" button for people to see that you replied to them)

i dont have a shutterfly account... :(

what do you blog about though?

Quoting momofnancy:

I do, but you have to have a shutterfly.com account. :)

• SweetLuci
    October 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM

If I'm feeling low, I think of the things that I have to be grateful for. Good health, a loving family, when you think of the big things, everything else seems inconsequential.

• brittany208
    October 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM

i havent been running in quite awhile. i miss it too but it just not high enough on priority list right now! 

Quoting ablackdolphin:

Yoga did wonders for me...sadly, after DS hit about 6 months, I stopped practicing and haven't gone back. I miss it and REALLY need it.  Running has taken it's place but I'd love to find balance and do both!

• brittany208
    October 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM

very true. and when we are honest with ourselves, we have a LOT to be thankful for!

Quoting SweetLuci:

If I'm feeling low, I think of the things that I have to be grateful for. Good health, a loving family, when you think of the big things, everything else seems inconsequential.

Parenting Positive Kids