Parenting Positive Kids

brittany208
How do you stay positive?
October 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM

When you are having a rough day... or even just any day.... how do you stay a positive mom? Do you read books, blogs, talk to friends, pray, say a mantra, eat chocolate....?

Replies

• ablackdolphin
    October 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Yoga did wonders for me...sadly, after DS hit about 6 months, I stopped practicing and haven't gone back. I miss it and REALLY need it.  Running has taken it's place but I'd love to find balance and do both!

• ablackdolphin
    October 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Talking to my mom always helps. My mom is so sweet and wonderful!

• ablackdolphin
    October 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Calling my 93 yr old Gma helps too!

• momofnancy
    October 16, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I will usually talk to my mom (aka mother-in-law), blog, pray, and eat a treat. I also read a daily verse of the day.

• brittany208
    October 16, 2013 at 4:31 PM

do you have your own blog?

Quoting momofnancy:

I will usually talk to my mom (aka mother-in-law), blog, pray, and eat a treat. I also read a daily verse of the day.

• momofnancy
    October 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I do, but you have to have a shutterfly.com account. :)

• brittany208
    October 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM

(by the way, you have to hit the "quote" button for people to see that you replied to them)

i dont have a shutterfly account... :(

what do you blog about though?

Quoting momofnancy:

I do, but you have to have a shutterfly.com account. :)

• SweetLuci
    October 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM

If I'm feeling low, I think of the things that I have to be grateful for. Good health, a loving family, when you think of the big things, everything else seems inconsequential.

• brittany208
    October 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM

i havent been running in quite awhile. i miss it too but it just not high enough on priority list right now! 

Quoting ablackdolphin:

Yoga did wonders for me...sadly, after DS hit about 6 months, I stopped practicing and haven't gone back. I miss it and REALLY need it.  Running has taken it's place but I'd love to find balance and do both!

• brittany208
    October 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM

very true. and when we are honest with ourselves, we have a LOT to be thankful for!

Quoting SweetLuci:

If I'm feeling low, I think of the things that I have to be grateful for. Good health, a loving family, when you think of the big things, everything else seems inconsequential.

Parenting Positive Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts