Parenting Positive Kids

LoveMyBoyK
Please help help help!!!!
February 17, 2013 at 11:19 AM
My son overheard my husband say "f*ck it" and now keeps repeating it. He is 3. We take away TV time for each offense but he keeps saying it. Any ideas????

Replies

• timon95
    by timon95
    February 17, 2013 at 11:26 AM

try not to make a big deal out of it. tell him it is not a good word to say. the more you acknowledge him when he says it the more he will say it. see if he stops saying it if you start to ignore him.

• sissyboogs
    February 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM
    I give my kids acceptable alternatives. When my son learned "oh shit"...I asked him to say "oh man" instead. It works for my kids.
  • Rushn311
    February 17, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Oh no!!

• MichelleK41
    February 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Yep this way worked for us as well.

Quoting timon95:

try not to make a big deal out of it. tell him it is not a good word to say. the more you acknowledge him when he says it the more he will say it. see if he stops saying it if you start to ignore him.

• TexanMomOf6
    February 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM

What gets attention gets repeated. When he says it, you say "Oh Rats" or some other more acceptable alternative.

• mommythree0508
    February 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    Ignore it.
  • LoveMyBoyK
    February 17, 2013 at 6:10 PM
    Thank you for all the replies and ideas. I will try all of them Until I find what works with him:)
  • Bmat
    by Bmat
    February 17, 2013 at 6:39 PM

No cussing inside the house, and not outside when the child can hear. But now that there is a problem, ignore and he'll let it go.

• LoveMyBoyK
    February 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    We try not to curse at all, to get out of the habit, we really do.

Quoting Bmat:

No cussing inside the house, and not outside when the child can hear. But now that there is a problem, ignore and he'll let it go.

• .Angelica.
    February 18, 2013 at 1:25 AM

no clue.

Parenting Positive Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN