Parenting Positive Kids

Cafe Kelly
Countdown to Christmas Day 5: Santa's Letter!
December 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM

One of the sweetest traditions of Christmas are letters to Santa. Kids take such pride in telling him everything they want for Christmas and how they've been a good boy or girl. Help your kids write their letters to Santa and address the envelope to the North Pole!

Not only can kids write the traditional letter to Santa, but now they can even send a recordable wish list card!

writing

Have your kids ever written a letter to Santa? Did you write letters to Santa when you were a child?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Countdown to Christmas Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• mandarose
    December 7, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    My kids write one every year and we "send" it to the north pole.
  • Ginger648
    December 7, 2012 at 3:27 PM

My kids never made lists  when they were little. They would go and see Santa and ask for love and friendship. Because they would hear their dad say that is what he wanted at Christmas. It sure made Santa smile when he heard that from my kids. Then when they were a little older they asked for food for the animals at the shelter where we volunteer.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    December 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM

No I never did as a child, and my sons didn't.

• Jenn8604
    December 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    I did when I was a kid. My ds hasn't yet. He doesn't know how to write and im sure a letter from him wouldn't mean a thing to him.
  • lalasmama2007
    December 7, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I think I'll have my dd write one this weekend.

• Kay7684
    by Kay7684
    December 7, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I didnt but my children did, and hopefully when my grandchildren get a little older they will too.

• elasmimi
    December 7, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I wrote them when I was a chid, but my kids have not. Instead, they get letters from Santa, and he's calling my 6 y/o tomorrow.

• ZoomMommyGo
    December 7, 2012 at 6:14 PM

My parents didn't raise us to believe in Santa. When my kids were younger, I never really talked about it, but once the older two started school, they heard of Santa through other children. They taught their baby sister about him so she believes as well. I have no problem with it. I think it's part of the magic of childhood. They write him letters each year and each year, Santa writes them one back with their gifts. They enjoy it and I enjoy the looks on their faces! Love my babies! :)

• MamaMandee
    December 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM

My son's class wrote letters and they are going to be in our local paper. He is so excited. 

• Jillysmom
    December 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM

I miss that my daughter dosent do this anymore

Parenting Positive Kids