Parenting Positive Kids

How can I administer help to a sexual active child? Please respond.
November 14, 2012 at 11:46 AM

As a teacher i undergo a number of issues in my classroom, 1 may have been where a child who's sexual drive is more than just her age and her sexual play is not normal and healthy. Its a problem that is plaguing my environment and I would really like assistance from this social network. Thank You.


  • sweetlyblissful
    November 14, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    I'm not sure what age you are dealing with. This matter needs to be brought up with the parents or principal. I would probably recommend counselling for them. They have more than likely been sexually abused or overexposed to an inappropriate environment. They need to be taught the proper way to handle this behavior. (I.E. They need to keep their hands to themselves, and off themselves, as well as not exposing themselves to others.) If the child is not dealt with ASAP, the child will end up sexually abusing another child. Most kids have learned this behavior from seeing on TV or at home. They don't know that it is not normal to behave this way. If they can be taught the right way to behave, and the tools to deal with these issues or feeling they have, it should no longer be a problem. I wish you the best of luck. And it's good to know that there are people out there wanting to deal with this. Most would turn a blind eye and not care.
  • amonkeymom
    November 14, 2012 at 1:23 PM

    My suggestion is to contact her parents and ask for a conference.  Let them know that you're seeing some things that you're concerned about and that you wanted to bring them to their attention.

    Good luck!

  • SabrinaLC
    November 14, 2012 at 2:41 PM

    talk with the principal and bring in the parents

  • AzariahsMother
    November 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM

    I think it depends on what age you are dealing with.  Could be a sign that something is going on at home, could be her just experimenting and seeing what is going on down there, could be that someone else has shown her what to do.  As a teacher I would be speaking with the social worker.

  • mrswillie
    November 15, 2012 at 6:46 AM

    That sort of sex drive is a sympton of certain conditions. Bi-polar is on condition that has hyper sexuality as a symptom.

  • Shayanne257
    November 15, 2012 at 8:36 AM

    Thanks for your response guys :) I Really appreciate it.

  • supermeof3
    November 15, 2012 at 8:44 AM

    I would go to the principal and see what the protocal is.

  • kendyd
    by kendyd
    November 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM

    Deffinately talk to the parents about it. Maybe send the child to the school councelor to see if something may be going on at home or somewhere that shouldn't be.

Parenting Positive Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN