Fall is my favorite season. The chilly air, vibrant colors and falling leaves herald cooler days, more activity outside the house - now that I'm not afraid I'll swelter to death in 100+ degree temperatures - and the welcome return of jeans into my life. I live for pumpkin pie, bonfires and football games. It's the return to school schedules, the opportunity to wear sweaters and the excitement of the upcoming holiday season.
I do love the Fall.
i also love the fact that, now that my kids have returned to school, it's time for me to spend a little time on myself. Now that I'm not devoted to 100% amusement of the little people, I can concentrate on making changes in my own life. Sort of a Pre New Year's Resolutions, if you will. In fact, I often think of Fall as a time for resolutions, as opposed to New Years. Something about new pencils and notebooks and freshly loaded book bags makes me want to organize and clean out other parts of my life.
As the year begins to wind down, what are some things you or your family would like to leave behind or change for the future?
- I'd like to know where the match is to every single spare sock in my house
- And I'd like to never ever have another lost sock
- I'd like to leave behind the thought that there's a maid here to pick up after my kids
- And I'd like to leave behind the thought that her name is Mom
- I'd like to leave behind the "let's drop stuff all around" philosophy that my kids embrace effortlessly
- I'd love to leave behind the inability of my teenagers to wake up early for school
- As well as the desire to leave homework and projects for the last minute
- And I'd really love to leave behind arguments, fighting, disgruntled attitudes and smart mouths
I plan to take a bit of time each of the next couple of months, before the end of the year, to take the steps to make each of those, somewhat humorous yet based in truth, concepts come to fruition.
What are your hopes for the future – for yourself, your children and your family?
October 10, 2012 at 12:12 AMI need more time to reflect before I can answer this! :)
by natesmom1228October 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM
I just want my son to be happy and healthy.
by 4kidz916October 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM
I hope to change my schedule so that I have more family time. I have a small business, a part time job, and I do home parties so that doesn't leave me much time with the kids.
by aneelaOctober 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM
my hopes are that my loved ones find happiness, joy and success in whatever they pursue...same for myself :)
by 4kidz916October 10, 2012 at 11:30 AM
That's awesome. I hope it works out well for you.
Well I am taking a big leap this month. I put in my 2 weeks notice to be a SAHM to my 3 year old son.
I hope that we can do this financially and that my son will excel in all that he does.