Parenting Positive Kids

Carmen S
Chasing Your Dreams Without Fear
October 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Fall is my favorite season. The chilly air, vibrant colors and falling leaves herald cooler days, more activity outside the house - now that I'm not afraid I'll swelter to death in 100+ degree temperatures - and the welcome return of jeans into my life. I live for pumpkin pie, bonfires and football games. It's the return to school schedules, the opportunity to wear sweaters and the excitement of the upcoming holiday season.

I do love the Fall.

i also love the fact that, now that my kids have returned to school, it's time for me to spend a little time on myself. Now that I'm not devoted to 100% amusement of the little people, I can concentrate on making changes in my own life. Sort of a Pre New Year's Resolutions, if you will. In fact, I often think of Fall as a time for resolutions, as opposed to New Years. Something about new pencils and notebooks and freshly loaded book bags makes me want to organize and clean out other parts of my life.

As the year begins to wind down, what are some things you or your family would like to leave behind or change for the future?

• I'd like to know where the match is to every single spare sock in my house
  • And I'd like to never ever have another lost sock
  • I'd like to leave behind the thought that there's a maid here to pick up after my kids
  • And I'd like to leave behind the thought that her name is Mom
  • I'd like to leave behind the "let's drop stuff all around" philosophy that my kids embrace effortlessly
  • I'd love to leave behind the inability of my teenagers to wake up early for school
  • As well as the desire to leave homework and projects for the last minute
  • And I'd really love to leave behind arguments, fighting, disgruntled attitudes and smart mouths

I plan to take a bit of time each of the next couple of months, before the end of the year, to take the steps to make each of those, somewhat humorous yet based in truth, concepts come to fruition.

What are your hopes for the future – for yourself, your children and your family?

©iStockphoto.com/MariaPavlova

Replies

• countrygirlkat
    October 10, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I hope to figure out a way for DH to have a job in a place he loves and our family to be able to make it financially. 

• KaylaMillar
    October 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM
    I would love to get into a bigger house
  • goddess99
    October 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I hope the freelance work my dh wants to do pans out.

I hope my dd continues to do well in school.

• ceciliam
    October 10, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Simple....good healthy and happiness.

• MamaMandee
    October 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I think Im ready to rejoin the work force. My youngest is in pre-school this year while its only half days next year she will be in school full day/ Now to figure out what I want to do. 

• Rushn311
    October 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM

For hubby and I to grow old together...see our kids grow up and get married, have kids. For us to travel as a family and alone.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    October 10, 2012 at 2:33 PM

For my kids to be considerate and honest.

• Bob192
    by Bob192
    October 10, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I want everyone happy and on the right path.

• jessicasmom1
    October 10, 2012 at 3:11 PM

awesome, I hope it works well for you I been a single SAHM for almost 11 years  SAHM for 12 years ( DH was alive for first 14 months of DD life)

Quoting Wish2Be:

Well I am taking a big leap this month. I put in my 2 weeks notice to be a SAHM to my 3 year old son.

I hope that we can do this financially and that my son will excel in all that he does.

• .Angelica.
    October 10, 2012 at 3:21 PM

i just started working out. i'm hoping I can stick it out to the end of the 60 day program. i'm halfway through week 2!

Parenting Positive Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN