Parenting Positive Kids

stacyyork
What's Your Toughest Parenting Challenge?
October 2, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Hello, 

I know that I am new here, but I am wondering what your toughest parenting challenge is?  I know that there a hundreds to choose from :)!

For me, I know that bedtime struggles and temper tantrums can get my goat.

Thanks for your input!

Stacy

Replies

• NNB
    by NNB
    October 2, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Screaming is the hardest thing to deal with. I have to really concentrate on being calm when my son starts a proper ear aching screaming fit. It winds me up somethig rotten. Usually I place him with his bears until he's calmed a little then I will do whats necessary to stop him crying

• elasmimi
    October 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Ladies, IMHO, these pale in comparison to the teen years. Nowhere near there with this one, but I've been through it 4 times, and I'll take tantrums anytime instead of all the drama of a teenage girl!

• hunterskysmom
    October 2, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    The fit throwing
  • Meltopia529
    October 2, 2012 at 7:56 PM
    Temper
  • stacyyork
    October 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM

These are super helpful!  Thanks to each of you for your input...I'm taking a survey.  And, bless you for surviving toddlers and teens!  Sometimes I think they both need the same things...

• gacgbaker
    October 3, 2012 at 3:09 PM

For me it's probably dealing with the complaining and not reacting out of how I want things to go, but rather making sure my reaction is one that will keep in mind the goals for the character I want to develope in them in the long run, not just the short term of addressing the symptoms of an issue, but dealing with the heart of it.  

• KaylaMillar
    October 3, 2012 at 5:46 PM
    The terrible twos!
  • mamadee1971
    October 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM

My 4 year old with the climbing and touching stuff, in the stores.  He's so antsy, there, but cool as a cucumber, at home and in the truck.

My 5 year old getting frustrate with her homework.

• jennykory
    October 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM
    There ear piercing screams of my 2 fighting whenever I leave the room!
  • muppy984
    October 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    Temper, trying to touch and experiencing everytin they see around.

Parenting Positive Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts