Parenting Positive Kids

stacyyork
What's Your Toughest Parenting Challenge?
October 2, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Hello, 

I know that I am new here, but I am wondering what your toughest parenting challenge is?  I know that there a hundreds to choose from :)!

For me, I know that bedtime struggles and temper tantrums can get my goat.

Thanks for your input!

Stacy

Replies

• NNB
    by NNB
    October 2, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Screaming is the hardest thing to deal with. I have to really concentrate on being calm when my son starts a proper ear aching screaming fit. It winds me up somethig rotten. Usually I place him with his bears until he's calmed a little then I will do whats necessary to stop him crying

• elasmimi
    October 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Ladies, IMHO, these pale in comparison to the teen years. Nowhere near there with this one, but I've been through it 4 times, and I'll take tantrums anytime instead of all the drama of a teenage girl!

• hunterskysmom
    October 2, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    The fit throwing
  • Meltopia529
    October 2, 2012 at 7:56 PM
    Temper
  • stacyyork
    October 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM

These are super helpful!  Thanks to each of you for your input...I'm taking a survey.  And, bless you for surviving toddlers and teens!  Sometimes I think they both need the same things...

• gacgbaker
    October 3, 2012 at 3:09 PM

For me it's probably dealing with the complaining and not reacting out of how I want things to go, but rather making sure my reaction is one that will keep in mind the goals for the character I want to develope in them in the long run, not just the short term of addressing the symptoms of an issue, but dealing with the heart of it.  

• KaylaMillar
    October 3, 2012 at 5:46 PM
    The terrible twos!
  • mamadee1971
    October 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM

My 4 year old with the climbing and touching stuff, in the stores.  He's so antsy, there, but cool as a cucumber, at home and in the truck.

My 5 year old getting frustrate with her homework.

• jennykory
    October 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM
    There ear piercing screams of my 2 fighting whenever I leave the room!
  • muppy984
    October 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    Temper, trying to touch and experiencing everytin they see around.

Parenting Positive Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN