Parenting Positive Kids

Cafe AmyB
The joys of being a first time mom
October 2, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Hi ladies,
Being a first time mom can be overwhelming and extremely joyous all at the same time.
What were some of your favorite things about becoming a first time mom?

baby in sling

Replies

• stacyyork
    October 2, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Great question!  I loved the softeness of my daughter's skin and that baby fresh smell.  Also loved the pure delight and joy as she explored her world!

• elasmimi
    October 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Absolutely everything! I think babies are the biggest miracle God can give us. I especially love the way their little fingers grasp yours so tightly.

• sukainah
    October 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I loved how soft their hair and skin are.  How good they smell.  When they stare at you.  I loved nursing.  Holding my baby and going outside with my baby so everyone can see him lol.  There are lots more.

• hunterskysmom
    October 2, 2012 at 5:41 PM
    This is going to sound strange but i enjoyed the midnight feedings just me and the baby
  • meglennox
    October 2, 2012 at 7:20 PM

i defintly didn't like the waking up in the middle of the night and being so tired all the time. lol  i loved that my son was so easy to make happy.  my kids have spoiled me in how easy going they were as babies. :)

• Meltopia529
    October 2, 2012 at 7:44 PM
    I really loved everything! I do miss that new baby smell.
  • kellynh
    by kellynh
    October 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM
    Everything... She sweet special feeling. What it felt like to nurse her
  • Madelaine
    October 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Everything!  I loved everything about it!

• Chelsdionna
    October 2, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I loved a lot of things. My baby girl is just 4 1/2 months old... I knew I would love her more than I've ever loved anything but when people say there is nothing like a mothers love... that is so true! I cant even begin to describe the overwhelming feelings of love and joy and happiness I have when I look into her big blue eyes and when she smiles up at me and how when she is crying I just have to pick her up and shes okay again when no one else can calm her down. (that can also be a pain sometimes) lol it makes me feel good though just knowing how much she needs me. I loved breast feeding I did it for the first 3 months and stopped because I went back to work. I loved how we bonded while she ate. I love the baby smell and experiencing all her 1st things with her. Like her smiling and laughing and rolling over, trying to talk, splashing in the bath tub, grabbing onto things, there are so many little things I love...Too many to name them all! I love when she falls asleep on my chest and cuddling with her. I love the way she looks at her daddy.

• BabyTeki
    October 2, 2012 at 10:09 PM
    Everything of course, but especially just cuddling and watching them sleep. It's something with the second I haven't been able to do as much and I really miss it.

Parenting Positive Kids