Parenting Positive Kids

Azmomto5
Do you get along with your ex?
July 29, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I would say I get along with my ex and that seems to be abnormal to some. My oldest daughter is from my ex husband, he and I have not always agrred but we do always place her first. He became homeless after losing his job a yr after our divorce. He got laid off and could not find another job so I let him move in with me for 18 month while he got on his feet. He found a job after 3 months but still need time to pay of debt. He would bring his GF around, who he has been with for 3 yrs and i brought my fiance around and we would all have dinner together with all the kids. They would all stay over and not once a fight. I moved to a new house with my fiance and all our children but my ex and his gf come by and eat and hang with us often. He is the godfather to my youngest son and helped me with him for the first 24 months of my sons life because my sons father wanted nothing to do with him. My ex still takes my son one weekend a month and thay have a tight relationship even tho my son thinks my fiance is his dad. We just all had a bbq at our house and invited my ex his gf and my daughters half brother then all went to the pool. We went to court because of the divorce but we do not follow the parenting time we do every other weekend at his house unless there is a special occation then we will change and add time. Like her half brother is only in town for a week so he has had her on my weekend so she can see him. I believe this has made things easier on my daughter and we never use her as a pawn, Communication and honesty works for the best.

Is this a strange relationship and abnormal?

Replies

• ProudMomof5Boys
    July 30, 2012 at 12:10 AM

My ex and I get along real well and sometimes his kids with his gf come spend some nights over but on the other hand the ex/girlfriend and I dont have dinner together.

• quietsmilie
    July 30, 2012 at 12:14 AM

My ex and I get along- but my ex is not interested in being a part of my son's life more than the occasional phone call.

• sweetlyblissful
    July 30, 2012 at 1:17 AM
    I get along with him only for my DS. We chat and that's as far as it goes. I'm not interested in spending anymore time with him. I also think his gf is nice. I'd prefer to talk to her though. But my ex still annoys me. As for my DH's ex...ugh, she's an idiot. We are civil, but I don't care to see her if I don't have to.
  • mysticalmalissa
    July 30, 2012 at 5:02 AM

I find it odd, but if it works for you and your family, keep on doing what your doing.

• mommy_2_be_2010
    July 30, 2012 at 5:06 AM
    I force myself to and we also don't follow the court order
  • SabrinaLC
    July 30, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I think it's great that you can get a long with your exes.

I've never really had a serious relationship before my current Dh so probably about 90% of my exes I would consider friends.

• LuvingRN
    July 30, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    My ex and I get along but we dont have get togethers together unless its our daughters birthday or something.
  • terri76
    by terri76
    July 30, 2012 at 9:46 PM
    I do get along with my ex and his gf. We have a decent relationship for the sake of our son. The only time we hang out is for ds's birthday parties or school functions
  • SoTravelNow
    July 31, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Unfortunately not at all.  I have made numerous attempts and forgiven many times but that bomb always drops.  I wish it was not this way but you can't force another to be civil.

Parenting Positive Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN