Parenting Positive Kids

CafeMom Team
How do your kids communicate with their friends?
July 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM

We gave moms the latest product from Hallmark, Hallmark Text Bands. The way the product works is kids create a message on their text band and then bump fists/high-five with a friend. Voila...the friend gets the message they typed and your child gets their friend's message.

Check out what these moms have to say about the Hallmark Text Bands.  Then,  let us know how your kids communicate with their friends.

For more information on Hallmark Text Bands, click here.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

Replies

• jessicasmom1
    September 14, 2012 at 11:08 AM

my DD is 12 and finally realizing how some friends treat her . Now is standing ground and not being over nice to her . I been telling DD treat people the way you wish to be treated . So, now the other girl can not walk all over her.

• SnapIt
    by SnapIt
    September 25, 2012 at 2:57 PM
    Im finally putting my input on the band
    Been busy moving since i has recieved them in the mail

My kids are 13 and 11 and although this may be a bit young for them they enjoyed it.
    I personally think the advertising on the packaging of these bands is somewhat misleading. I let the kids decide on their own before opening the boxes and just reading the packaging they quickly assumed they could text anyone from afar

Once they put them on to figure them out it went smoothly. They had fun for a few mins.
    This is more for ages between 5 and 8. My kids are a bit older and it only caught their attention for a few minutes. Its a good learning tool for the younger age group that are learning how to spell words.
    The only thing my kids mentioned was the scrolling for each individual letter, but they got the hang if it.

Overall it was an entertaining TOY. This is the only issue i have about the advertising of this item. No where does it indicate its a toy. When you first read the box or the wording on the packaging, you would assume its a texting gadget like a cell phone. It is nothing like a cell text. You have to be in front of the other band and you need to bump hands for the message to transmit to the other band. You can't clap your hands in one room while the other band is in another room. Its like using infra red to send the message instead of wifi face to face.

Cute TOY for the younger generation to pass the time. It can come in handy if you are taking a car trip with 2 lil ones in the back seat.
  • BaBa1123
    September 28, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Have not seet this yet but will look.

• MomTiara19
    September 29, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Awhh those are so cute.

~Tia

• tasheika
    October 2, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Sounds cool i'm going to buy it for my kids 2morrow my 12 year old daughter and my 6 year old son

• SlightlyPerfect
    October 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM

That is awesome! DD is only 3, but I bet you could use this as a way to teach reading!

• swati88
    by swati88
    October 16, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Well nice to read other momies replies,i don't have any baby now.but soon i think i am gonna concieve and i will baby,would love to share the my experience with you folks!!

• AzariahsMother
    October 17, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Thanks for sharing.

• SabrinaLC
    October 18, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Those are interesting but I don't think I'd buy them.

• timon95
    by timon95
    October 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM

they only communicate with their friends when they see them. no calling or texting

Parenting Positive Kids