Parenting Positive Kids

CafeMom Team
How do your kids communicate with their friends?
July 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM

We gave moms the latest product from Hallmark, Hallmark Text Bands. The way the product works is kids create a message on their text band and then bump fists/high-five with a friend. Voila...the friend gets the message they typed and your child gets their friend's message.

Check out what these moms have to say about the Hallmark Text Bands.  Then,  let us know how your kids communicate with their friends.

For more information on Hallmark Text Bands, click here.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

Replies

• loveonlyher
    August 14, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I have a 10 yr old Girl and 8 yr old boy. My daughter doesnt really make friends. I have noticed that shes very controlling plus shes kinda grown. I keep tryin to get her to stay her age but my S.O. makes it impossible. I Love my daughter but she is becoming more and more sneaky. Im not a single mom but I always feel in some areas I am because we view the situation different

• MrsCastillo06
    August 14, 2012 at 5:04 PM
    That looks so cool! This would be dub for us to do with our husbands lol :)
  • amy7243
    by amy7243
    August 28, 2012 at 4:51 PM

This sounds like a good idea!

• alliesmom112
    September 3, 2012 at 10:02 PM

How cool!! I think my dd might be a little young for these but my nieces and nephews would love them,

• jessicasmom1
    September 5, 2012 at 8:23 AM

very well, she could not wait to get back to see her friends since summer vacation

• Dorothy2011
    September 11, 2012 at 6:12 AM

The coolest new way for kids to connect!  Children are eagrely waiting to test out Text Bands, bumping fists to trade messages. The fun is on the air!

• Meltopia529
    September 11, 2012 at 1:24 PM
    Neat
  • Madelaine
    September 11, 2012 at 9:22 PM

fun!

• natesmom1228
    September 12, 2012 at 7:49 AM

I have never heard of them. I will check out the posts.

• natesmom1228
    September 12, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Thank you for the post. My son is 11 and I wasn't sure if this would be something he would be into.

Quoting skippette14:

My dd and her BFF tried the text bands out. They had fun thinking of different messages to send one another.

My dd is almost 11, she thought they where cool, but a bit " too young" for her. The fun wore off after a couple days. She thinks it would be cool if you could type a longer message, and if there was an easier way to type them.

My DS on the other hand , he is 7, thinks they are the coolest thing in the world. He has played with DD and had endless fun.

We found that doing a " fist bump" transferred the message easiest.

Overall they are fun, DS is still using them, DD is barely using them ( more to entertain her brother).

Great product, all around

Parenting Positive Kids