Parenting Positive Kids

Cafe AmyB
Do you keep special notes and cards from loved ones?
April 26, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Hi ladies,

Do you always keep notes and cards that are extra special to you? Where do you keep them?

giving heart

Replies

• DNewman
    by DNewman
    April 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

I also saved a few homemade cards from my son from when he was in school! One I even framed! =)

I also have saved my girls cards too! 

• NearSeattleMom
    April 27, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I do.  I have file folders . . . and boxes.  I've been collecting them for a long, long time. :)

• NearSeattleMom
    April 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Quoting steffers96:

Oh yes!!! I'm a sentimental sucker! LOL! But....I'm glad I am! I lost my two great aunts and my grandmother, and my hubby lost his grandmother, and the other day I was going through my cards and I found cards from my two great aunts and my grandma, and even ones from my hubby's grandma (who was a LOVE to me!!). I even found a handwritten recipe from one of my great aunts red onion steak - it's a recipe everyone in my family has been trying to get ahold of for years, but my great aunt told me not to give it to ANYONE, so I haven't, and nobody knows I have it! LOLOL!!  :)

I'm sooooo sentimental that I even keep voicemails from my hubby and grandparents. Every year when I get a Happy Birthday song from my parents, grandparents and hubby, I save them until the next year. I've always told myself that if I lost my grandparents I'd still love to hear them sing happy birthday to me even after they're gone.

My MIL gave me these large plastic drawer/container things many years ago. They are a 3 drawer container, quite large, and I've been saving cards in there for years...I think I found a card in there from 1994 when I graduated from high school, and I've got a separate box of wedding cards we got in 1996.

I'm a little sappy....sorry!  ;)

hugs

That is just so sweet . . . lots of good memories in those cards.

• itsblissmas
    April 27, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Absolutely! I'm a hard-copy sentimental fool. :o) I have a small Rubbermaid tote/container that I keep them in. It's the perfect size.

happy

• ARmom
    by ARmom
    April 27, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Yes - I still have notes from 6th grade (some from boys). They make me giggle when I read them.
    I do keep cards from my kids - especially when they trace their hand or something.

• amonkeymom
    April 27, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I used to, but I don't any more.

• lalasmama2007
    April 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    I save the special cards I get from family in a special box in my bedroom closet.
  • LuLuRex
    by LuLuRex
    April 27, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Yes I keep cards and notes that are special to me in a cute box :)

• babyboxfish
    April 28, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I keep them in a box in the garage and in some of my drawers.  My SO doesn't really get into my stuff so it's all good.

• Brandiec214
    April 28, 2012 at 10:29 AM

OH MY GOODNESS I SAVE VOICEMAILS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I use to get little i love you VM from my boyfriend (before we moved intogether) lol he would leave me crazy little vm singing to me and stuff. I save cards and all as well. Im more focused on saving my sons birthday cards and stuff like that. im sure he would love to look at it one day.

Quoting steffers96:

Oh yes!!! I'm a sentimental sucker! LOL! But....I'm glad I am! I lost my two great aunts and my grandmother, and my hubby lost his grandmother, and the other day I was going through my cards and I found cards from my two great aunts and my grandma, and even ones from my hubby's grandma (who was a LOVE to me!!). I even found a handwritten recipe from one of my great aunts red onion steak - it's a recipe everyone in my family has been trying to get ahold of for years, but my great aunt told me not to give it to ANYONE, so I haven't, and nobody knows I have it! LOLOL!!  :)

I'm sooooo sentimental that I even keep voicemails from my hubby and grandparents. Every year when I get a Happy Birthday song from my parents, grandparents and hubby, I save them until the next year. I've always told myself that if I lost my grandparents I'd still love to hear them sing happy birthday to me even after they're gone.

My MIL gave me these large plastic drawer/container things many years ago. They are a 3 drawer container, quite large, and I've been saving cards in there for years...I think I found a card in there from 1994 when I graduated from high school, and I've got a separate box of wedding cards we got in 1996.

I'm a little sappy....sorry!  ;)

hugs

Parenting Positive Kids