Parenting Positive Kids

CafeMom Team
How do you spark your child’s imagination?
February 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Hallmark helps moms like you by offering fun interactive storybooks, recordable storybooks and more great products to families with young children. We gave moms a product from the following list and asked them to share their experiences.

Here is what some of our moms had to say:

Mena929 says:
This was the first recordable book we have owned, but I will tell you this won't be the last. You make reading to my kids even more fun:)
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

Chillisarah says:
To see my children's face light up with surprise to hear both my husband and I reading the story to them just warmed my heart. 
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

SarahSuzyQ says:
No matter what story it is, being able to hear the voice of people we love seems to be such a powerful thing.
(Under the Same Moon)

Check out what othere moms have to say and then tell us how you spark your child's imagination.

Best, 

( ) The CafeMom Team

Replies

• LancesMom
    March 12, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Quoting pootersmomi:

My DS loves to color and draw. We keep plenty of supplies around for him to get creative.

I still have crayons in my house, my son is 26 and I have no grand kids. LOL! But who knows, I may want to color.

• gacgbaker

Quoting ARmom:

That's a great way of putting it!  As my kids are becoming better readers, I love seeing that they can't put down a book.  The teachers try to teach how to get lost in stories, but it's really something that comes with time (and a good book).

Quoting bubsteroni:

Reading is something we all still do.  I have always said that reading a book is like playing a movie in my head, my kids have all inherited that ability to see the pictures that the words paint as well and not just letters on a page.

Quoting bamababe1975:

Reading to them has always been one way I've sparked their imagination. I've often found them after reading a new book acting out things from the book with their toys.

So true- you can't just get lost in any story, and it's not something you can learn by instruction but by doing...

• gacgbaker

Quoting toadwhisper1:

I bought under the same moon for my Grandson, haven't gotten mailed off as yet! ; ( It made me cry, such a Gr8 Story.

Hope your grandson enjoys it!

• Reina13
    by Reina13
    March 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM

How could I forget the legos?

He loves them. Not only are they great for fine motor skills but the things he comes up with when playing with them. I'll listen to him as he interacts with his lego creations and I have to admit, he does have a very active imagination.

• bamababe1975
    March 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Playing together and reading together always works. :)

• bamababe1975
    March 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I find myself coloring about once a month. There's something very calming about it. :)

Quoting LancesMom:

Quoting pootersmomi:

My DS loves to color and draw. We keep plenty of supplies around for him to get creative.

I still have crayons in my house, my son is 26 and I have no grand kids. LOL! But who knows, I may want to color.

• bamababe1975
    March 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM

My girls find they're bored with stories the teachers give them to read but their independent reading is often something they can't put down, partially because the school has a reading system that locks them in to only being able to read books of a particular point value and they very often exceed that point value before they're able to test and move up to the next level.

Quoting gacgbaker:

Quoting ARmom:

That's a great way of putting it!  As my kids are becoming better readers, I love seeing that they can't put down a book.  The teachers try to teach how to get lost in stories, but it's really something that comes with time (and a good book).

Quoting bubsteroni:

Reading is something we all still do.  I have always said that reading a book is like playing a movie in my head, my kids have all inherited that ability to see the pictures that the words paint as well and not just letters on a page.

Quoting bamababe1975:

Reading to them has always been one way I've sparked their imagination. I've often found them after reading a new book acting out things from the book with their toys.

So true- you can't just get lost in any story, and it's not something you can learn by instruction but by doing...

• bamababe1975
    March 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM

We love Legos, too! I remember when they were younger, my hubby would sit on the floor and build giant towers with them. It was so cute!

Quoting Reina13:

How could I forget the legos?

He loves them. Not only are they great for fine motor skills but the things he comes up with when playing with them. I'll listen to him as he interacts with his lego creations and I have to admit, he does have a very active imagination.

• bamababe1975
    March 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Yeah, we have a big ice cream bucket that's filled with crayons, colored pencils, markers, etc., and frequently have to replenish our paper supply, lol.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Mine does too, actually all 3 of my kiddos love to draw and color.

Quoting pootersmomi:

• bamababe1975
    March 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

It made me cry, too!!

Quoting toadwhisper1:

I bought under the same moon for my Grandson, haven't gotten mailed off as yet! ; ( It made me cry, such a Gr8 Story.

Parenting Positive Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts