Parenting Positive Kids

CafeMom Team
How do you spark your child’s imagination?
February 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Hallmark helps moms like you by offering fun interactive storybooks, recordable storybooks and more great products to families with young children. We gave moms a product from the following list and asked them to share their experiences.

Here is what some of our moms had to say:

Mena929 says:
This was the first recordable book we have owned, but I will tell you this won't be the last. You make reading to my kids even more fun:)
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

Chillisarah says:
To see my children's face light up with surprise to hear both my husband and I reading the story to them just warmed my heart. 
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

SarahSuzyQ says:
No matter what story it is, being able to hear the voice of people we love seems to be such a powerful thing.
(Under the Same Moon)

Check out what othere moms have to say and then tell us how you spark your child's imagination.

Best, 

( ) The CafeMom Team

Replies

• Emberea
    by Emberea
    May 27, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Mother of two toddlers here.  We allow my two year old daughter to rename us after her favorite book or show.  For example she pretends to be Caillou and then our cat is Gilbert and her little sister is Rosie.  She even found a work around for my husband and I and she calls us Caillou Mommy and Caillou Daddy.  We also make up crazy songs.  Right now we do a blues inspired song called "lonely puppy"  she absolutly loves it and gets it.  She often tells us what she wants the next verse to be about as we sing.

• HalleyBlue
    May 28, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I do a number of things but I'll share what I think is the most beneficial.  During the summer months, I engage in a reading contest.  I have to read as many books as I can and my daughter has to as well.   The game usually lasta month but it's up to you.

The first book on myreading  list is Taste by Kate Evangelista and my daughter  is In the Valley Of Mud and Worms by Mila A. Ballentine.  At the end of the contest, who ever reads the most books wins a pizza party and prizes.  Needless to say, we both win.  Reading is fundamental.  Also, she does have the advantage her books are as low as 20 pages.  

She looked at me, the other day and said, "Game on mommy," I loved that she cant wait to beat me at reading!   Hope my tip works for others.

• laj4boys
    July 23, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Hi Everyone,
    In light of the national campaign to improve early childhood education and the new common core state standards recently adopted by virtually all 50 states, I wanted to share a wonderful new and unique alphabet book that is due out sometime in August:  ALPHABET ANATOMY: MEET THE CAPITAL LETTERS.  This book presents a rhyming verse and heartwarming illustration for each capital letter, providing a visual of each letter's sound and shape, thus teaching children how to write the letter as well as its sound -- critical skills in acquiring reading proficiency!  Alphabet Anatomy was created by a mom and her son!  Please check out the website at alphabetanatomy.com and like on Facebook.

• bungas
    by bungas
    October 15, 2012 at 8:52 AM
    Hi it's me Ira. I am a mom with three adorable kids. They always wait me to read stories. I read stories with different voices of the characters on books. One day, I read same stories but I was wrong to choose the voice of the character, and they remind me the voice and the intonation. I always put moral stories for them.
  • swati88
    by swati88
    October 16, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Well read you post and it sounds good though!!I will surely try it out.

Parenting Positive Kids