Motivate to get in shape!

babygirlsmom314
100 burpees, 100 days [hard]...Edit...Edit
December 8, 2010 at 2:39 PM

For this challenge you are to climb from 1 to 100 burpees in 100 days.

On the first day you will do one burpee, on the second day you will do two burpees, on the third day you will do three burpees, and so on, all the way until you reach 100 burpees on the one hundredth day.  You may not "skip ahead".  This means your first days will be a little easy, but don't fret, it will get harder!

The first lady to finish this challenge will get an actual prize.  I am keeping the prize a surprise, but it will be something that gets mailed to you.  To help support the challenge my husband will do the burpees with anyone that is further along with the challenge.  Example: if someone is on day 51 and someone else is on day 39 he will match the burpees of the person on day 51.  

In order to qualify for the prize, you need to post what you do and account for everyday you do the challenge.  Feel free to create a thread to track your progress.  Include "100/100" in the title.

Edit:  Please make your own thread when doing this challenge.  I don't want anyone to get lost in here.  I want to keep this thread mainly for questions about the challenge.  Title your thread 100/100 and your name, doesn't matter the order.

Anyone that does this challenge will get a trophy, but the first and only the first lady to finish this challenge will get an actually prize.

Edit: I have changed my mind.  Anyone that finishes this challenge will get the prize.

Edit: If you go seven days without posting you did any burpees you forfeit the challenge.

Burpee Champions:

- Jerod (my husband AKA Mr. Workout)! 3/24/2011

Burpee Casualties (...and when they called it quits!):

- MommyLuvsNate, Day 2

-TurboMom81, Day 27

-Pyrateprincess, Day 1

-Josh (a friend), Day 14

-Matt (a friend), Day 7

Replies

• MommyLuvsNate
    December 11, 2010 at 2:55 PM

I started my first day today with one burpee! Can I post here? Or should I make my own thread?

• babygirlsmom314
    December 11, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Quoting MommyLuvsNate:

I started my first day today with one burpee! Can I post here? Or should I make my own thread?

You can do either.  Which ever is easier for you is fine.  If you do make your own make the title 100/100 and your name.  Good luck.  I will let my husband know someone is doing this challenge.  He will be so excited to do them with you. 

Edit:  Thinking about it, it will be easier if you do your own thread.  That way you won't get lost in the thread.  This thread should be for questions about the challenge.  But just make sure you put your name with the title.  It can be your name first then 100/100 or 100/100 then your name.

• dusky_rose
    December 11, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Great job! I think its awesome that you are doing this challenge, I don't know if I do these yet.

Quoting MommyLuvsNate:

• babygirlsmom314
    December 11, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Quoting dusky_rose:

Great job! I think its awesome that you are doing this challenge, I don't know if I do these yet.

Quoting MommyLuvsNate:

They get hard.  So if you can do them, do them.  They work so many muscles. 

• MommyLuvsNate
    December 12, 2010 at 7:49 PM

day two - two burpees! :o)

• babygirlsmom314
    December 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Quoting MommyLuvsNate:

day two - two burpees! :o)

Awesome job!!!  Please make your own thread.  I don't want anyone to get lost in this one.  Make sure you have your name and 100/100 in the title.  I will let my husband know so he can do them with. 

• TurboMom81
    December 12, 2010 at 9:20 PM

BUrpees are hard.  BUt I think I NEED to do this!  

• babygirlsmom314
    December 12, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Quoting TurboMom81:

BUrpees are hard.  BUt I think I NEED to do this!  

Yes, yes they are.

• TurboMom81
    December 12, 2010 at 11:24 PM

They have Burpees on my TurboFire discs.  They are tough.  Especially when doing like 8 in a row.   Just saw I'm like 2 days behind.  Looks like I am going for thetrophy!

• babygirlsmom314
    December 13, 2010 at 12:37 AM

They are very hard the more you have to do in a row.  Trophy or prize, just finishing this challenge will be a reward in itself. 

Motivate to get in shape!