Military Families

Featured Posts
jtsmommie0104
Only place I feel comfortable talking about this
March 26 at 5:54 PM

I've posted anon twice about issues with my husband, the last one was titled thank you for your support. I feel comfortable not being anon only in this group. This has been a tough month with me having my two boys alone. Not just emotionally but financially. Just when I was about to start canceling luxuries I got an LES from DFAS and called to find out why, I'm going to receive funds for my boys for the next 3 years, and even though we will still have to cut back (even with me working) it takes a huge weight off my shoulders. My oldest is having a tough time with discipline does anyone have any tips to help with behavior in 3 year olds when he will possibly never see daddy again? Or even any budgeting tips or advice I'll take advice

Replies

• jtsmommie0104
    March 26 at 5:56 PM

And I also got great news that I get a bonus from my job, we will be able to be on our own soon thank god 

• MrsDavidB25
    March 26 at 6:24 PM

I am glad things are looking up. Hang in there.

• anchorgurl
    March 26 at 6:29 PM

Congratulations on your bonus!  That's great news for you!!

As far as budgeting, try and keep it simple until you start figuring out how much money you have to work with on a regular basis.  Try and put a little away, even $5 a week, in case something comes up (as it always does).  Always paying cash for things, like groceries, clothes, etc., helps me to stay on track because when I actually see the money, I realize what I am spending and it forces me to think about whether or not I really need something. 

You are doing a great job keeping things together and taking care of your kids.  It might get tough financially sometimes, but your boys will know how much you love them and how much you did for them growing up.

• jtsmommie0104
    March 26 at 6:37 PM
    Thank you this bonus will pay our deposit and first months rent. Im going to try the cash thing because i often swipe my card not really noticing, or i guess paying attention, to how much I really spend.

Quoting anchorgurl:

As far as budgeting, try and keep it simple until you start figuring out how much money you have to work with on a regular basis.  Try and put a little away, even $5 a week, in case something comes up (as it always does).  Always paying cash for things, like groceries, clothes, etc., helps me to stay on track because when I actually see the money, I realize what I am spending and it forces me to think about whether or not I really need something. 

You are doing a great job keeping things together and taking care of your kids.  It might get tough financially sometimes, but your boys will know how much you love them and how much you did for them growing up.

• anchorgurl
    March 26 at 6:48 PM

I am the same way with a debit card or a credit card.  Getting cash out of the bank and using cash has really made a difference for me.  Good luck :)

Quoting jtsmommie0104: Thank you this bonus will pay our deposit and first months rent. Im going to try the cash thing because i often swipe my card not really noticing, or i guess paying attention, to how much I really spend.
    Quoting anchorgurl:

• .oOMellyOo.
    March 26 at 8:41 PM

If you coupon you can save lots on food and everyday items :) Match store coupons with manufacture coupons and use them when the items are on sale :) I can save on average between 45-60% on my food bill. And I LOVE consignment shops and I'm a Goodwill goer too! I bought the kids a Disney Infinity for $10 at GW. As a matter of fact I buy tarnished silver from GW all the time, I polish it an sell it on ebay/craigslist.

**I wish you the very best. You and your children deserve it.**

• chrlstoncharmed
    March 26 at 8:50 PM
    I hope this positive momentum continues! Do you have an Aldi store near you? That is where I shop to save on groceries.
  • jtsmommie0104
    March 26 at 10:54 PM
    There is going to be one 5miles from where we are moving too. I have heard they are really cheap but same quality and some stuff tastes better

Quoting chrlstoncharmed: I hope this positive momentum continues! Do you have an Aldi store near you? That is where I shop to save on groceries.
  • jtsmommie0104
    March 26 at 10:55 PM
    Thank you so much :)

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

If you coupon you can save lots on food and everyday items :) Match store coupons with manufacture coupons and use them when the items are on sale :) I can save on average between 45-60% on my food bill. And I LOVE consignment shops and I'm a Goodwill goer too! I bought the kids a Disney Infinity for $10 at GW. As a matter of fact I buy tarnished silver from GW all the time, I polish it an sell it on ebay/craigslist.

**I wish you the very best. You and your children deserve it.**

• darbyakeep45
    March 27 at 4:43 AM

Big hugs mama!

Military Families

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email