Military Families

Featured Posts
Reina13
Is your family complete?
by Reina13
March 17 at 9:01 AM

Yesterday was my sisters 36th birhtday. At  dinner she announced that my BIL and her were going to begin the adoption process. They have 3 children. Two teenagers and an 8 year old. Needless to say, it came as a bit of a shock to the rest of the family, as she has never indicated that she wanted to adopt.

After her youngest was born, they believed their family was complete and took permanent birth control measures. Now 8 years later, they are finding that they want another child. She says that they have been discussing and researching adoption for the last couple of years and would like to adopt a child around elementary school age. I am really excited for them as they start this new journey in life.

After dinner my DH and I were talking about it, he asked if I ever thought about having another child. I told him that when our son was born almost 10 years ago, I was worried about the significant age gap between my older children and the baby, and wondered if perhaps it was selfish to have him essentially grow up alone without a sibling closer to his own age. Needless to say, I got over it pretty quickly. I knew in my heart after he was born that our family was complete, it just took a little bit for my head to realize it too. 

Is your family complete? Do you ever find yourself wanting to have another child? Are you going to have or adopt another child?

Replies

• sahmw2010
    March 17 at 9:03 AM
    I feel that our family is complete. Of course my baby is inly a year and half. Lol
  • mom2jessnky
    March 17 at 9:15 AM

I'm done having my own kids, but DH and I have talked about becoming foster parents once he retires from the military.

• erin708
    by erin708
    March 17 at 9:17 AM
    No. I thought we were. I have two dds, almost 8 and 4 1/2. I was a surrogate and she's almost 2yo. All of a sudden a few months ago we decided we want one more. Hoping for a boy.
  • Reina13
    by Reina13
    March 17 at 9:26 AM

You were a surrogate? What an incredible gift you gave someone.

Did you start feeling the need for another child after the surrogacy?

Quoting erin708: No. I thought we were. I have two dds, almost 8 and 4 1/2. I was a surrogate and she's almost 2yo. All of a sudden a few months ago we decided we want one more. Hoping for a boy.

• Reina13
    by Reina13
    March 17 at 9:27 AM

I think that is so great. One of my closest friends and her DH retired a few of years ago. They became foster parents shortly thereafter and are in the process of adopting one of the girls now.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I'm done having my own kids, but DH and I have talked about becoming foster parents once he retires from the military.

• MrsSexyCurtains
    March 17 at 9:33 AM
    We started ttc back in 2009 but ended in 2 miscarriages. We said we'd just not use any bc and see what happens. We got pregnant last July after 4 years of trying. It was honestly a shock to us both because it had been so long we didn't think it'd ever happen.

Dd turns 8 in a couple months and is super excited to have a baby sister. We know for a fact that we're done after 2 and hubby is getting snipped after the baby comes. The age gap scared me at first but now I think it's better for us all around.
  • SlapItHigh
    March 17 at 10:19 AM
    We want more children. I would love many more!!
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    March 17 at 10:22 AM
    I do want more children most of the time, I always wanted at least four but my last pregnancy was a bitch and its not a good Idea financially for us.
  • violinjewel
    March 17 at 10:51 AM
    Haha! Funny this question gets asked now, lol. I was going to make a post about this. We thought we were complete, but I guess God has different plans. Anyways, we will be complete in November as a family of five instead. No one say anything on Facebook, as I haven't told a whole lot of people yet.
  • SlapItHigh
    March 17 at 10:52 AM
    Congrats!!

Quoting violinjewel: Haha! Funny this question gets asked now, lol. I was going to make a post about this. We thought we were complete, but I guess God has different plans. Anyways, we will be complete in November as a family of five instead. No one say anything on Facebook, as I haven't told a whole lot of people yet.

Military Families

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN