Military Families

Featured Posts
sleepy_in_va
with the marine corps birthday just around the corner...
November 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I want to see some pictures of you all dressed up for ball or any special ceremony.. I love seeing everyone all dressed up fot these kinds of things.. maybe its because I've never gotten to actually go to ball so I like to live my dream.of going through seeing others all dressed up ;)

Replies

• sleepy_in_va
    November 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I bought this dress last year for last years ball and then didn't go. So now I have a $170 dress just sitting in my closet and it is too big now. I tried it on again the other day and it needs taken in up top.
  • ReadWriteLuv
    November 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Oh girl, and I am NOT saying this to be snarky or mean, I promise you I'm not. These are the kinds of things I just feel like people need to be honest about. You need a MUCH better bra for that dress. I know this is just in the store to try it on, but I really hope you have a great bra to wear with this. 

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I bought this dress last year for last years ball and then didn't go. So now I have a $170 dress just sitting in my closet and it is too big now. I tried it on again the other day and it needs taken in up top.

• sleepy_in_va
    November 8, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    I agree. I had a crappy strapless bra on that day that just kept falling down. I was going to purchase a better supportive bra/corset that sucked my tummy in and boosted up the girls. Lol
  • marinewifey85
    November 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I don't get to go this year either, and I have this gorgeous chocoalte brown dress that fits like a glove. I'm so sad lol!

• JerseyAirGurl
    Ada
    November 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM

My husbands ball was tonight... Didn't go.

• usmclife58
    November 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Ours was Wednesday, but I no longer feel comfortable posting pictures of my family on here.

• gertrude_shea
    November 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM
    This may sound like a stupid question...but at the risk of looking stupid im going to ask...are retired service members welcomed? My DH is retired and was when we got together but i have always wanted to go to one of these balls since hearing him talk about them
  • sleepy_in_va
    November 9, 2013 at 6:26 AM
    :(

Quoting usmclife58:

Ours was Wednesday, but I no longer feel comfortable posting pictures of my family on here.

• sleepy_in_va
    November 9, 2013 at 6:28 AM
    I believe you can still go.. I'm sure if you asked your husband he woukd know. I woukd ask mine for you but he's at work.

Quoting gertrude_shea:

This may sound like a stupid question...but at the risk of looking stupid im going to ask...are retired service members welcomed? My DH is retired and was when we got together but i have always wanted to go to one of these balls since hearing him talk about them
  • darbyakeep45
    November 9, 2013 at 6:42 AM

I don't see why not.  Good question though.

Quoting gertrude_shea:

Military Families

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts