Military Families

Featured Posts
Italiancouture7
CCAF
October 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I am wondering if anyone or their spouse has ever run into this issue...

My husband has dual Associates degrees (CCAF - Community College of the Air Force) and as far as we have ever heard, every college accepts CCAF's.

Well DH is trying to enroll at USF (University of South Florida) to complete his bachelors (he currently has 96 credit hours) and they are giving him a lot of trouble.

They told my husband they dont believe they can accept his CCAF because the credits dont have a GPA (because obviously a certain amount are on the job training). We have never heard of this and were not really sure what to do. Has anyone run into this issue? They are basically telling him his associates degrees are worthless.

Replies

• mrsary
    by mrsary
    October 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM
    Curious too about this...
  • sleepy_in_va
    October 8, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    Here is a bump for you. Not sure. Hopefully someone has the answers for you.
  • jas_momof2
    October 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM

That's true.  Basically the CCAF is really only "good" in the military.  On the outside, it's not.  Only certain things can transfer and be considered as credit for courses taken.

• sahmw2010
    October 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    Yes its true. Its a "military" college and good for military, but not for the civilian world.
  • Italiancouture7
    October 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Quoting jas_momof2:

That's true.  Basically the CCAF is really only "good" in the military.  On the outside, it's not.  Only certain things can transfer and be considered as credit for courses taken.

He actually just spoke with their Veteran Affairs office at the school. They said there is no reason why it wouldn't be accepted. He said the Air Force CCAF has the highest credibility and transfer ability out of all the Branches.

They are working with him now. A lot of Military go to USF here so its weird they are giving him such issue. He said he hadn't heard of anyone else having this problem.

• jas_momof2
    October 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Interesting cause we've been hearing just the opposite...

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting jas_momof2:

He actually just spoke with their Veteran Affairs office at the school. They said there is no reason why it wouldn't be accepted. He said the Air Force CCAF has the highest credibility and transfer ability out of all the Branches.

They are working with him now. A lot of Military go to USF here so its weird they are giving him such issue. He said he hadn't heard of anyone else having this problem.

• gunsgirl
    October 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM

not all will be transferrable. and not all can be used for the type of degree.

my DS had to get everything converted thru the navy and even then he lost over 30 credits because they could not be used with his degree.

• mckelish
    October 8, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    I've heard that only certain schools will take some credits. It's up to the school and what program your husband is interested in going into. I know my Dad went back to collage about 20 years after he was out of the Air Force and he had some credits applied because of it. Hope you figure it out!
  • SlapItHigh
    October 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM
    I have no idea but I really hope they will accept all of it.
  • ReadWriteLuv
    October 9, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    My cousin went through all of her nursing courses through CCAF, and was only short about 6 hours plus clinical time. When she got out and transferred with her husband not one of her classes transferred. She would have to do those two years all over again, so she said screw it and never went back. :-(

Military Families

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts