Reina13
I wonder if they will tighten security
by Reina13
September 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM

After this mornings shooting, I wonder if they will look to tighten security procedures on military installations.

I don't  know how much more they can or will do though.

Replies

• .oOMellyOo.
    September 16, 2013 at 3:03 PM

The academy threat level was raised to Bravo. If you don't have a military sticker and ID you can't get on. All tours have been cancelled. Usually you can walk or drive on to the campus with just a DL.

• SierraLynn
    September 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    Carson has changed their gate procedures. I can still vouch for like my parents to go through any gate if they are with me, but if they wanted to go on post themselves they would have to go to gate 1 amd go through inspections and stuff.

They did this a few weeks ago.
  • DvlDogWfe
    September 16, 2013 at 3:14 PM

ah, there's ALOT they can do. Army bases are pretty relaxed. All you need is a drivers license and registration/insurance. Alot of bases have done away with base stickers. I still do not have one on our car since I picked it up from port a couple weeks ago and all I do is show my ID at the gate. After today, I'll will probably have to get a sticker. Hell, the gate guards do not so much as far as checking id's either. Just a quick glance and they let you through. Who's to say there are not plenty of people going through with expired ids?

• .oOMellyOo.
    September 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM

This just made me giggle.... I had been going on and off post for over a month with an expired ID. Went to the commissary and the cashier noticed immediately. I was blissfully unaware until I had nearly 300 dollars worth of groceries! Thank goodness DH was with me o.O needless to say I got a new shiney ID on my way home that day.

Quoting DvlDogWfe:

ah, there's ALOT they can do. Army bases are pretty relaxed. All you need is a drivers license and registration/insurance. Alot of bases have done away with base stickers. I still do not have one on our car since I picked it up from port a couple weeks ago and all I do is show my ID at the gate. After today, I'll will probably have to get a sticker. Hell, the gate guards do not so much as far as checking id's either. Just a quick glance and they let you through. Who's to say there are not plenty of people going through with expired ids?

• ReadWriteLuv
    September 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Navy did away with base stickers. We don't need them anymore, but when we went to Bangor, each person in the car had to show their ID to get on base, including my 10 year old. That is the most strict I've ever seen it. 

• adrianaevanmom
    September 16, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Doubtful.

My cousin works on a Air Force base as a volunteer. She has a criminal record and was even in prison for 5 years at one point. She was in jail for theft and using stolen credit cards 2 years ago as well. Her new boyfriend is a contractor on that base and I guess that is how she was able to volunteer. all I know is when I found out she was able to work on base, I felt a little less safer on a military base.

• JerseyAirGurl
    Ada
    September 16, 2013 at 4:49 PM

JBMDL..  Doesn't do stickers... You must have a military ID and they scan your ID. Your military id  needs to be linked to the Defense Biometric Identification System. 

• mlogsdon
    September 16, 2013 at 5:05 PM

We have stickers and military ID required at JBLM anyway. They don't always scan my ID though, sometimes they just look at it and wave me through. 

• darbyakeep45
    September 16, 2013 at 7:31 PM

My husband said they did raise security on his base today....but Navy bases don't require base stickers anymore.  They were just particular about checking IDs and such.

• SlapItHigh
    September 16, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I think so.