Military Families

Featured Posts
dueysgirlx2
Hi
September 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM

My name is Laura and my husband of 20 years is active Army and we are currently stationed at Fort Lee, VA.  I am 46 with two grown kids and a grandbaby that I love dearly and miss very much.  I am disabled and some days can't leave the house so I am hoping this forum will be a nice way to pass time on those days and maybe make some new friends.  We have gone thur 4 deployments in 10 years so I can relate to missing your spouse, dealing with lonliness and having to do it all on your own.  

Replies

• SierraLynn
    September 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    Welcome.
  • dueysgirlx2
    September 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Thanks.  Not quite sure how this all works but hopefully I will figure it out as time goes on.

• sleepy_in_va
    September 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM
    Welcome!
  • dueysgirlx2
    September 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Thanks.  Are you in VA also?  the weather changes so quick out here compared to WA state!

• sleepy_in_va
    September 16, 2013 at 1:03 PM
    Yes I am in Va. This is our home state and the state we came back to when hubby got out of active duty. He is a reservist now though. We lived in Cali and I always saud I missed the weathee from Va but since we have been back all I want now is the weather we had out in Cali.. lol

Quoting dueysgirlx2:

Thanks.  Are you in VA also?  the weather changes so quick out here compared to WA state!

• dueysgirlx2
    September 16, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I have lived in CA too, but I have to admit, I like it out here much better than the west coast.  Peolple are nicer and things don't seem as important as the people themselves, if that makes any sense.  Are you glad he is out of active duty?  We have a few more years to go, he has only been active for 12 years, but has prior service too.  

• DvlDogWfe
    September 16, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Hello! We just left Fort Lee and are now in Hawaii. I do not miss VA and love we are here! ;)

• mlogsdon
    September 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Welcome :) 

Try "quoting" the person youre responding to, it comes up in their notifications and makes the conversation easy to follow. 

• darbyakeep45
    September 16, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Welcome to the group!

• sahmw2010
    September 16, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    Welcome to the group!

Military Families

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to