BubbyAndShmee
Any alt/punk/goth military mommas?
September 14, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Mobile Photo

I'm hoping to meet some awesome alt military moms. Post pics, ladies :)

Replies

• darbyakeep45
    September 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Not me but welcome to the group!

• usmclife58
    September 14, 2013 at 4:21 PM

There are a few, I believe.

I have the piercings, tattoos, crazy hair, and music preference of the alt/punk. And I am a big fan of a lot of goth. But, I am also a nerd/dork type. And a prep/princess. And girly/tomboy. And a goof/pessimist. And a million other things. I don't really consider myself any one "type". It is too limiting to my awesomeness ;)

• cocoroo
    by cocoroo
    September 14, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    I used to be big into the NYC punk/Oi! scene. Now, I'm a soccer mom with a wild side.
  • BubbyAndShmee
    September 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM
    Nice to meet you, ladies :)

Quick question: have any of you gotten negative feedback from coworkers or superiors of your husbands regarding your looks/style?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    September 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    Omg grow the hell up. That's for rebellious teens. Have some respect for yourself and your husband and the uniform he wears and dress like a normal proper lady ffs. It looks bad on you anyways. You could look half way decent without your ridiculous "look at me! Please give me attention!" Style.
  • cocoroo
    by cocoroo
    September 14, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    Never for me, because i know how and when to dress properly.

Quoting BubbyAndShmee:

Quick question: have any of you gotten negative feedback from coworkers or superiors of your husbands regarding your looks/style?
  • chrlstoncharmed
    September 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    My daughter. But she has learned the hard way how limiting that look is in both her personal life and professional life, so she has recently made some changes.
  • Katkinson
    September 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I don't judge, but I know the spouses at DD's last command ( he geobaches now so I don't know too many of them) were judged for their alternative style. 

But as for me, I'm conservative in my clothing and outward appearance.  If I'm classified as any type, it's probably artsy/fartsy, rustic, relaxed.  . . .Just a simple Nebraska girl!

Quoting BubbyAndShmee:

• SierraLynn
    September 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM
    I was like that in high school. Once I joined the army I grew up and out of that style. I do have tattoos and will get more and would like some tasteful and cute piercings.
  • usmclife58
    September 14, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Show respect for her husband and his uniform? LMAO!! I will pay some respect to clothes when the clothes do something worth respecting.

I am sure her husband respects her choices. She looks perfectly normal. And I am pretty sure she respects herself since she is not afraid of who she is. Which is OBVIOUSLY something that you cannot understand as you felt the need to go Anon. So, take your own advice. Have some respect for yourself and don't post stupid bull if you are not willing to do it with YOUR name attached.

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg grow the hell up. That's for rebellious teens. Have some respect for yourself and your husband and the uniform he wears and dress like a normal proper lady ffs. It looks bad on you anyways. You could look half way decent without your ridiculous "look at me! Please give me attention!" Style.