Military Families

Featured Posts
shiningjoy
Really....Really???
July 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM

So Dh should have been promoted several months ago, then this month....but they keep screwing up his promotion points.  He is in an MOS where the points are always really high.  This is the 4th time they have screwed up his points and left about 150 points off.  Even when they do finally fix it they can't back date his promotion, he has to wait until points drop again. They are constantly screwing up.  He made it a few months ago but had accidently dropped his promotional status!! My god how many times can these people screw up!!!  It is getting old....Sorry, had to vent....Hopefully it will be all set for next month!

Replies

• jas_momof2
    July 17, 2013 at 11:09 AM

That whole point thing sounds confusing.  It's not like that in the AF...  Good luck to him...

• shiningjoy
    July 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM

It is, and they are constantly changing it.  My hubby is and E-5 with 16 years in.  Most people think he is probably a shit bag or something because he hasn't been promoted.  Not the case, I spent 13 years in myself, they constantly change the system.  He has deployed 9 times. Now they want all this college time, he has never had the time to do college.  Everything else is maxed out for his points.  It is just a sad system.  Every time he gets his points up in the new system, they change it.  He is working on his college now that he is on recruiting duty.  It is just frustrating that they keep screwing up his points.  Sorry but points don't make good NCO's or leaders....I had enough shitbag NCO's because they sat at one pog base their entire carreer doing classes and when they finally got back ito the army the didn't have a clue....

• ReadWriteLuv
    July 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    My husband is an E-6 with 16 in that has been at his current rank for 10 years. He made E-4, E-5, and E-6 on his first try, each time. Only took 6 years. One shitty eval in '09 when he transferred to a new command, one failed weigh in in '07, (they fudged his current situation, if he fails to make weight in 3 weeks it will count as 2), and now he will never make E-7. It's frustrating.

Quoting shiningjoy:

It is, and they are constantly changing it.  My hubby is and E-5 with 16 years in.  Most people think he is probably a shit bag or something because he hasn't been promoted.  Not the case, I spent 13 years in myself, they constantly change the system.  He has deployed 9 times. Now they want all this college time, he has never had the time to do college.  Everything else is maxed out for his points.  It is just a sad system.  Every time he gets his points up in the new system, they change it.  He is working on his college now that he is on recruiting duty.  It is just frustrating that they keep screwing up his points.  Sorry but points don't make good NCO's or leaders....I had enough shitbag NCO's because they sat at one pog base their entire carreer doing classes and when they finally got back ito the army the didn't have a clue....

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    That sucks. My hubby was on recruiting duty years ago and was meritoriously promoted to SSG after he earned his recruiting ring. (I don't know if they still do that) With his point cut off it would have been impossible to make it otherwise. Another recruiter in the same MOS and station decided to convert to Recruiting because he heard it was easier to get promoted. It worked and made his promotions in a snap! Meanwhile my husband left recruiting duty, deployed a few times, had college and still had difficulty making rank. Some MOS are just harder to make promotions than others. GL to your husband.
  • jas_momof2
    July 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM

That should seriously be illegal...

Quoting sahmw2010:

I know my hubby was trying to get his points up and then the points u needed would raise every time we were 5-10 point. Yes i say we because i was doin the online points to help him out while he was deployed, so every time we would get the points up, the system raised the points. Thankfully he managed to get promoted shortly after he returned.

• sahmw2010
    July 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    The wives helping do the online points? I thought it was and was hesitant at first. But next thing i know, i found that it was actually really common (well that every wife i talked to was also helping during deployment) so after his COP was blown up and they lost internet, and he emailed me when he went to the FOB asking for my help again, i said sure, and helped him out.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting sahmw2010:

I know my hubby was trying to get his points up and then the points u needed would raise every time we were 5-10 point. Yes i say we because i was doin the online points to help him out while he was deployed, so every time we would get the points up, the system raised the points. Thankfully he managed to get promoted shortly after he returned.

• jas_momof2
    July 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Just because "everyone does it" doesn't make it right... 

Integrity.

Quoting sahmw2010:

The wives helping do the online points? I thought it was and was hesitant at first. But next thing i know, i found that it was actually really common (well that every wife i talked to was also helping during deployment) so after his COP was blown up and they lost internet, and he emailed me when he went to the FOB asking for my help again, i said sure, and helped him out.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting sahmw2010:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 17, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    Quoting sahmw2010:

I don’t understand something isn’t a service member’s CAC card needed to do these things?
  • sahmw2010
    July 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    No. It was a login and password. He gave me that info and told me what ones he wanted me to do, so I did.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sahmw2010:

I don’t understand something isn’t a service member’s CAC card needed to do these things?
  • barrelracer1699
    July 17, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I thought I had heard they changed it to needing a CAC card. I know a gal who used to do it for her friends too while they were gone! Yes it is wrong, yes it happens often!

Quoting sahmw2010:

No. It was a login and password. He gave me that info and told me what ones he wanted me to do, so I did.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sahmw2010:

Military Families

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts