Military Families

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do you want to stay forever?
by Anonymous
July 16, 2013 at 6:59 PM

We are on our third base currently. DH has been in 9 years. The only reason were on our third is because he's had to retrain twice. The second time he landed on the retrain list because he had just made E-6 .. They had way too many and were already overmanned all around at that point. 

at this point we feel lucky to have been to three different bases. So many people we know never pcs and get stuck. But now I wish we could just stay for the rest of his career lol.. Is that bad? I really love it here and wish the Air Force would allow us to volunteer to stay in place.. I mean why not? It would save them money. Plus in the Air Force PCSing isn't critical to advancing in your career. Half the guys in his shop have been here for 8+ years!! 

Are you at a place where you wish you could just stay? 

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 16, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    We've been at Tinker afb for 11 years. We would have loved to stay. Like your husband we are overmanned in my career field so I got put into mandatory move status.

I would have been perfectly OK with finishing the last 9 years here.

I am not a mover.
  • MrsDavidB25
    July 16, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Well we cannot stay here as dh is doing a billet that is only for 3 years and there isn't anything else available here for his MOS. We came from Camp Lejeune where he was there about 10 years and hope to be back there after here and he can finish up.

• Oddy_Knocky
    July 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM
    We just did our 9th PCS. I'm tired of this shit. At this point I'd live on a deserted island if it meant I never had to move again.

On the bright side we *should* only have to move one more time before he retires.
  • chrlstoncharmed
    July 16, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I could have stayed at our last duty station. I was sad to leave. :-(

• Mrs.Brugger
    July 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM
    I'm back home now but the base dh was/is stationed at was a horrible area (to me) so I'm glad to not be there.
  • cocoroo
    by cocoroo
    July 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I get bored after living in one place for a few years. I can't think of anywhere that I would want to stay forever.

• usmclife58
    July 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM

We have, and probably will, stay here forever. I would like to move though. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM

We wanted to finish out at this one. Love it here! Sadly, that's looking unlikely...Again :( We just got here a year ago. Now Drill Sgt for 2 years, just to move again. That will make 9 when all is said and done. SO tired of moving! And SO tired of having to leave the good D.S. for the crappy ones...

• 4ever-SJ
    July 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM
    We've been here for 18 years- only two duty stations in almost 22 years.

I could go for a change.
  • davnrori
    July 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Yes! My DH is stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio and thank God he is retiring next year at 20yrs. I am DONE moving. Between my Navy career, I got out in '07, and is AF career, we have moved 10 times. Ohio is not necessarily where I wanted to spend the rest of my life but there are jobs here once he gets out for both myself and him and we built a home here in '11. I feel like if we have to go through selling another house and doing another big move, I'm going to put the kids and the pets on the lawn, burn the house to the ground with all of our possessions in it and drive away, lol. No. More. Moving!

Military Families

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts