Military Families

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I do, again
by Anonymous
July 12, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Anyone in their second marriage? How about second military marriage? I just wanna know if anyone else out there had been in a similar situation. If you have, ever accidentally give your ex social when you got asked for a social. (never happens to me just curious )

ever run into your ex?
Do you have any kids with your previous marriage if so how many? How did your kids adjust to the new life with step dad?

Do your ex and dh know each other? Are you stationed at the same base? How did you meet your current dh?

Just a random thought that flipped through my mind. Wanna see where this goes.

Replies

• Army-Wife0128
    July 12, 2013 at 5:53 AM
    This is my second military marriage and nope, never given the wrong social. I've never ran into my ex because he is Navy and DH is Army and we are in New Jersey and he's in Florida. My ex and I have one son and he adjusted pretty well. He loves my DH and calls him daddy. His dad really never takes the time to call him, videochat with him or give him attention. He knows he has two dads but he sees my DH as his daddy and the one who is there for him. My son is 5 soon to be 6 in Sept. My ex and DH only know each other through pics. They have never met face to face. DH and i met on FB through a mutual friend's page.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    July 12, 2013 at 6:31 AM
    Awe =)
    How old was your ds when you and your current dh started dating?

Quoting Army-Wife0128:

This is my second military marriage and nope, never given the wrong social. I've never ran into my ex because he is Navy and DH is Army and we are in New Jersey and he's in Florida. My ex and I have one son and he adjusted pretty well. He loves my DH and calls him daddy. His dad really never takes the time to call him, videochat with him or give him attention. He knows he has two dads but he sees my DH as his daddy and the one who is there for him. My son is 5 soon to be 6 in Sept. My ex and DH only know each other through pics. They have never met face to face. DH and i met on FB through a mutual friend's page.
  • barrelracer1699
    July 12, 2013 at 7:00 AM

I am with the only man I have been with. I do know a guy in my husbands old unit that was deployed and "fell" in love with one of the other gals deployed with him. He got back, divorced his wife, started up with his "girlfriend". Funny part is his ex wife went and married the company commander!

• RMBrooks
    July 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    This is my second marriage. My ex was a civilian govt contractor (military vet) Marine. We had our twin girls - now age 7.
    I married my new hubby a little over a year ago, after all the divorce / custody crap was over. He adopted my girls and new hubby is the ONLY daddy they acknowledge.
    The ex is a topic, that doesn't come up anymore. The ex hasn't contacted them in over two years, hasn't even acknowledged us or emailed to set up a time for a phone call.
    The judges allowed my new hubby to adopt them right away, because we proved he was a financially assisting, full time involved parent
  • sahmw2010
    July 12, 2013 at 8:48 AM
    Well this is my first marriage, but i do have a child from a previous relationship. And suprisingly, she has adjusted well to this lifestyle
  • FL2AK
    by FL2AK
    July 12, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    My ex husband was a Marine and my husband was in the Air Force. I refused to go on a date with my husband for the first month that we talked because I did not want to date a military person. I had moved 4 hours away from my ex to a non military town.

I have never accidently given my ex's social. He got out a year after I remarried. My ex husband and I have two boys together. We see each other regularly. Two years ago we ended up both moving to the same state and we live 5 hours a part.

My kids adjusted well to having a step dad, he loves my boys and we have custody of my stepson. We have a daughter together. As far as my ex and my husband getting along they do not have a relationship with each other. My ex is one of those guys who thought he could move on, date others and get married but I was supposed to stay single. My husband and I have been married for 11 years and my ex still hates it. He has been married, divorced and had three other fiances.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    July 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    Yes to both. My xh hasn't been in the service since 97, met my hubby in 2002, and been together since. My oldest was 7, and we have 3 of our own.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    July 12, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    Not me. But my sister is a tag chaser and she's been married to 3 military men and engaged to 5. Two marriages to af and 1 to army. The called off engagements were to af too.
    She drives me nuts! She also has a child with each man she married and is only 29.
  • Anonymous 1
    July 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM

lol damn.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

I am with the only man I have been with. I do know a guy in my husbands old unit that was deployed and "fell" in love with one of the other gals deployed with him. He got back, divorced his wife, started up with his "girlfriend". Funny part is his ex wife went and married the company commander!

• Anonymous 1
    July 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM

damn. I'm not a tag chaser, when I met my exdh I had just left HS & we met online. He told e he was at a carwash when we decided ot hangout. I went to a school with mostly military kids so I thought he was fresh out of HS with a part-time job. lol. When I found out he was in a army it was kind of a turn off because I wanted to enlist & didnt want to date a "player" 

long story short we moved too fast, got married within 8 months because he didnt want to leave without me when he pcs'd (oh how foolish I was. only 18 at the time) Less than a year later he became abusive out of the blue. (go figure) and when I decided ot leave him & move in with my sister in a diff state Thats when I became friends with (current dh). He heklped my sister out as well as me overcome allot of emotional issues & convinced me that I wasn't crazy. lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not me. But my sister is a tag chaser and she's been married to 3 military men and engaged to 5. Two marriages to af and 1 to army. The called off engagements were to af too.
    She drives me nuts! She also has a child with each man she married and is only 29.

Military Families

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN