Military Families

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Cost of Living.....really??
by Anonymous
June 23, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Have you ever been stationed in one of those places where the cost of living just just doesn't meet the local market? I am in one right now! It is so frustrating. I feel like we can't ever get ahead right now.

Replies

• darbyakeep45
    June 24, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Oh I see...interesting.  It was much higher in Hawaii back when we lived there...so stinkin' expensive to live there!

Quoting SusanD:

Yep, but it's not much....less than 200.00

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I had no idea you get COLA in Boston...interesting.  We are Navy and got COLA when we lived in Hawaii, but I didn't realize you could get it on the mainland.  Interesting...

Quoting SusanD:

Yes because that is his duty station zip, but if he doesn't mind a commute then your actual cost of living goes down considerably. Either way you still get the 2500'ish BAH as well as COLA.

Quoting Anonymous:

I do live outside of Boston, but we get Boston rate. 

Quoting SusanD:

It's a lot cheaper if you move out of Boston, and there are plenty towns around Boston with a much lower cost for housing, etc. that's what I would suggest.

• UCFknight
    June 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Hawaii was the same way. And it was a long wait list for housing as well. We just moved to MD though and were able to find a home $615 under our bah. good luck. we lost a lot of $$$ while living in hawaii waiting for a house to open up on base. beautiful place to be, but I am glad to be in a place where we can finally pocket something.

Military Families

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN