darbyakeep45
Don't ask, don't tell
June 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I know this policy was revoked a few years ago, but I'm just curious as to what your thoughts are on the subject.  Did your husbands seem to care?  Did they have an opinion?  

Replies

• sahmw2010
    June 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM

my husband dont care, just as long as they dont push it on him. he said its thier bedroom business, not his. all he cares about is how good of a soldier they are, will they hold thier own in a fire fight? besides, the policy may have just now been revoked, but they have always been in the military looong before then

• darbyakeep45
    June 22, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    Good points! To be honest, my husband's viewpoint is very similar. He just doesn't want to see in his face so to speak.

Quoting sahmw2010:

my husband dont care, just as long as they dont push it on him. he said its thier bedroom business, not his. all he cares about is how good of a soldier they are, will they hold thier own in a fire fight? besides, the policy may have just now been revoked, but they have always been in the military looong before then

• crazyitalian
    June 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    My dh hates that its gone, he has a officer thats in your face about his sexuality. My dh gets so uncomfortable when people that arnt family talk about the bedroom (straight or gay)
  • TishHughes
    June 22, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    I don't care.
  • 1-Mom2-Veteran
    June 22, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Oh I have used SHARP on some of the pvts in bct. May rule was.... do as you do, however, if I walk through your bay and I find two females in a bunk.. you better hope your highspeed selves were givin cpr. If not, You picked the wrong time to "play" together and I would unfck what i saw real fast.

• darbyakeep45
    June 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I understand.  My husband used to have a boss that was just like that...

Quoting crazyitalian:

My dh hates that its gone, he has a officer thats in your face about his sexuality. My dh gets so uncomfortable when people that arnt family talk about the bedroom (straight or gay)

• darbyakeep45
    June 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM

SHARP?  What is that?  

Quoting 1-Mom2-Veteran:

Oh I have used SHARP on some of the pvts in bct. May rule was.... do as you do, however, if I walk through your bay and I find two females in a bunk.. you better hope your highspeed selves were givin cpr. If not, You picked the wrong time to "play" together and I would unfck what i saw real fast.

• darbyakeep45
    June 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Personally, I don't care either:) 

Quoting TishHughes:

I don't care.

• Mrs.Brugger
    June 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM

My DH didn't care. as long as its not shoved in his face, he doesnt care.

• TishHughes
    June 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    Sexual harassment and rape something. Hell I forget.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

SHARP?  What is that?  

Quoting 1-Mom2-Veteran: