Military Families

Featured Posts
Armywife081011
Military pay ?
February 15, 2013 at 3:15 AM

I wouldn't be asking this if I didn't have two boys and the baby on the way but can any of you tell me how long it took for your first pay from the military during Basic? I really appreciate it. 

Replies

• barrelracer1699
    February 15, 2013 at 3:16 AM

When my husband reclassed we didn't get the first pay period but got a pay check the second pay period he was in.

• gunsgirl
    February 15, 2013 at 6:18 AM

it will take 4 -6 weeks for the pay to kick in. and even then it will not be the full pay, as he may have out of pocket costs for uniforms and items he needs to purchase.

• nataliesmom2012
    February 15, 2013 at 8:05 AM

I think I was a month in before I got my first check. Even with being married, I only got somewhere between $400-$600. They will take any money out of his first pay check to pay for all of his uniforms.

• cocoroo
    by cocoroo
    February 15, 2013 at 9:57 AM

It was about 3 weeks after he left.

• cocoroo
    by cocoroo
    February 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM

My son just finished AF Basic and it also took about 3 weeks, but his first check was almost nothing because of all the stuff he had to pay for for training.

• ReadWriteLuv
    February 15, 2013 at 10:00 AM

This. They paycheck will be way smaller than you think. 

Quoting gunsgirl:

it will take 4 -6 weeks for the pay to kick in. and even then it will not be the full pay, as he may have out of pocket costs for uniforms and items he needs to purchase.

• Armywife081011
    February 16, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Thank you all! I just hate not knowing what to plan for. I kinda figured when the recruiters told us it would be the 15 they were trying to get us out of the office lol I was half expecting for it to be way later than we thought but Im glad you all informed me about the fact that it will be smaller. Thanks for helping this newbie out :) 

Military Families

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts