Military Families

Featured Posts
klbetts
dealing with the flu and no support?
by klbetts
January 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I have the flu and have no one I can call to help out with my youngest kids since DH is not home. How do you deal with this? I've been trying to have snuggle time all day so I can rest on the couch but at 2 & 3 they can't do that for long. They do play pretty well in their rooms together but without someone else here sleeping is not an option.

Replies

• lizzielouaf
    January 29, 2013 at 1:28 PM

LOL

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

I set out juice boxes and pop tarts then pass out on the couch and hope for the best.

• SierraLynn
    January 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM

What everyone else said pretty much, you make it work. I have a 5 month old who freaks out if Im not holding her or actively playing with her, but thats another battle on its own. And a 3 year old who is pretty good with entertaining herself and becomes ecstatic if I put on a fairy movie.

• asaffell
    January 29, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Movies and easy snacks. Lay on the couch. That's all you can do. 

• Dani_Lynn
    January 29, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    Nap when they do. Do movies in bed and keep them in an area where they can't get hurt it destroy too much if you do doze off with done of their toys.

Quoting klbetts:

Thanks! I know I have to suck it up but I didn't know if anyone else had any thing else I could possibly do to get rest while the kids were awake.

Military Families

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN