LiLsMaMa21
E-4 and below...
January 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM

...with more then one child. How do you do it?! Financially I mean. I want to have another child sooo bad but we are worried about money. I also am not a fan of working while there is a baby around. I would want to stay home if possible. So I guess my question is stay at home moms with husbands who are in the E-4 or less pay grade, how do you do it? 

Replies

• Megan214
    January 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    By balancing your budget. Same as an E-7 or E-1. You live within your means.
  • cocoroo
    by cocoroo
    January 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I was a sahm until about 2 months ago. My dh has been in the Army for 12 years, so I did it from E1-E6. I had our 3rd child when he was an E2 and our 4th when he was an E3 or E4. We never had a problem.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 5, 2013 at 11:08 PM
    No idea. Even with DH being an E5, with one child it was very difficult.
  • cocoroo
    by cocoroo
    January 5, 2013 at 11:09 PM

You must live way above your means.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 5, 2013 at 11:11 PM
    We cloth diaper and breastfeed, so that helps! We just budget and live within our means. We don't have any car payments and our bills are very manageable.
  • mom2ljh
    by mom2ljh
    January 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM
    Nope. I worked throughout my pregnancy, intending to return to work following it. DS's preterm birth and health issues prevented that. His requirement of a hypoallergenic diet ($400+/month) further restricted our budget. We did everything we could to stay within means while still feeding our ill child.

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting Anonymous:

• 4ever-SJ
    January 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM
    My son had to be tube-fed high calorie formula with supplements. We never had to pay because we had a scrip. Couldn't you get a scrip?

Quoting mom2ljh:

Nope. I worked throughout my pregnancy, intending to return to work following it. DS's preterm birth and health issues prevented that. His requirement of a hypoallergenic diet ($400+/month) further restricted our budget. We did everything we could to stay within means while still feeding our ill child.

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 5, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Why not be like everyone else...just jump on the WIC bandwagon and most of your grocery bill is paid for right?

• 4ever-SJ
    January 5, 2013 at 11:30 PM
    That bus passed my house without even tappin' the brakes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not be like everyone else...just jump on the WIC bandwagon and most of your grocery bill is paid for right?

• mom2ljh
    by mom2ljh
    January 5, 2013 at 11:34 PM
    No, we couldn't. Nor did we qualify for WIC. We did what we could. We go a lot of formula from friends on here. I also got deals on eBay. If not for that, I don't know what we'd have done.

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

My son had to be tube-fed high calorie formula with supplements. We never had to pay because we had a scrip. Couldn't you get a scrip?

Quoting mom2ljh:

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting Anonymous: