Military Families

Featured Posts
armywifey1019
military movers?
November 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

My husband just got out of AIT 3 days ago...we leave for ft hood november 27th. How do we contact military movers? is there a website or something?

Replies

• armyvet06
    November 18, 2012 at 10:19 PM
    http://m.military.com/money/pcs-dity-move/pcs-orders.html?comp=1198882862589&rank=2

Here is some info. Im mobile so its not clicky. But i hope it helps
  • barrelracer1699
    November 19, 2012 at 3:28 AM

My husband set it up through Transportation. Not sure how that works just comming out of AIT though. We did a DITY when he came out of reclassing!

• gunsgirl
    November 19, 2012 at 7:19 AM

he needed to set up the move while in AIT, he needed to go to the transportation office there to set it up. he needs to get to a base with his orders TODAY to set it up,  unfortunately they will not be able to get movers out to you before the 27th, as there is a 2 week turn around to set up movers. he will need to get to the base on time and you will have to do the move without him.

editing to add, he can go to the TO and get approval to do a PPM ( formerly called a DITY and set it up to move yourselves) hoprefully you have a couple of grand in savings to do this move because there is no time to get the advance --- or you can apply for a loan thru your branches mutual aid service.

• CM_Junkie
    November 19, 2012 at 7:40 AM
    I agree. We have always had to go to transportation to set up our moves and you needed alot more time to get the advances or get the movers.
  • jas_momof2
    November 19, 2012 at 9:04 AM

This...  You need a lot more time than 8 days...

Quoting gunsgirl:

he needed to set up the move while in AIT, he needed to go to the transportation office there to set it up. he needs to get to a base with his orders TODAY to set it up,  unfortunately they will not be able to get movers out to you before the 27th, as there is a 2 week turn around to set up movers. he will need to get to the base on time and you will have to do the move without him.

editing to add, he can go to the TO and get approval to do a PPM ( formerly called a DITY and set it up to move yourselves) hoprefully you have a couple of grand in savings to do this move because there is no time to get the advance --- or you can apply for a loan thru your branches mutual aid service.

• chrlstoncharmed
    November 19, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I can't believe he didn't get instruction on this. I mean, it's kind of important, you know?

• armywifey1019
    November 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM

IKNOW! They gave him no information on anything.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I can't believe he didn't get instruction on this. I mean, it's kind of important, you know?

• chrlstoncharmed
    November 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Is he going to transpo today? Hopefully he can get this worked out super quick. What is his report date?

Quoting armywifey1019:

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

• armywifey1019
    November 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM

His report date is November 27th.... He is talking to his old recruiter about it today. Since he has to work there on his leave from AIT

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Is he going to transpo today? Hopefully he can get this worked out super quick. What is his report date?

Quoting armywifey1019:

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Military Families

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts