sailorwifenmom
Just wanted to take a few seconds --
October 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Just wanted to take a few secondsto note the 12th anniversay of the bombing of the USS Cole.  Honoring all those who died or were injured that day, as well as their loved ones.  My hat is also off to all those men and women who fought so valiently to save their ship from sinking in the face of almost impossible odds, as well as those allies who came to their aid!

Replies

• sailorwifenmom
    October 12, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Pictures of the damage --

USS Cole

USS-cole-920-23

And a picture taken from her official site, the USS Cole as she is today --

I feel very sad for the Sailors and families that were so tragically effected that day, but so very proud of the Navy and the Sailors who saved their ship, and their shipmates! 

• violinjewel
    October 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM
    Wow, I can't believe it's been 12 years already. Very sad day.
  • jas_momof2
    October 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I can't believe it's been 12 years either...

• usmclife58
    October 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I barely remember that. But the fact that it has been 12 years makes me feel really old.

• DvlDogWfe
    October 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM

You can't forget about the Marines that also helped that day. ;) This was before my husband and I were together, but he says he remebers that day like it was yesterday and will never forget what he saw there.

• sailorwifenmom
    October 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM
    You are absolutely right - hats off to them as well!

Quoting DvlDogWfe:

You can't forget about the Marines that also helped that day. ;) This was before my husband and I were together, but he says he remebers that day like it was yesterday and will never forget what he saw there.