Military Families

Featured Posts
DOCSwife84
New from Camp Lejeune
October 7, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Hey everyone!! I'm new to the military lifestyle, I've been married seven months but with him about 2 years. We are 28 years old and he's in the navy. We are stationed out in camp Lejeune and I'm curious if anyone on here is from here or close?? He's set to deploy in a few months and this will be our second deployment together. I would love to get to know some of you!

Replies

• usmcwifey11
    October 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM
    I'm from that area but I don't live there anymore.
  • usmclife58
    October 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM

We are at Cherry Point, about 45ish minutes away.

• DOCSwife84
    October 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    Hey to both! I'm just new to the military lifestyle and trying to adjust and am looking for more women that share the same lifestyle! Cherry point isn't far at all
  • USNHorton
    October 7, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    There is lots to do in that area! When your hubby leaves take day-cations if you can. Wilmington has great shopping. Beaufort has beautiful downtown area and the wild ponies are really cool. The outer banks are peaceful but that's better for the summer. All the beaches in that area are great! Im not in the area anymore but miss it so much. Enjoy the area and welcome to the group!
  • usmclife58
    October 7, 2012 at 6:06 PM

There is nothing good about summer here! It is too damn hot and humid to enjoy it, lol

Quoting USNHorton:

There is lots to do in that area! When your hubby leaves take day-cations if you can. Wilmington has great shopping. Beaufort has beautiful downtown area and the wild ponies are really cool. The outer banks are peaceful but that's better for the summer. All the beaches in that area are great! Im not in the area anymore but miss it so much. Enjoy the area and welcome to the group!

• USNHorton
    October 7, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    Oh I love it! But I grew up in that weather so I guess Im just used to it. The hotter the better! My man says Im cold blooded because, everyone else can be sweating away, and Im sitting in the sun loving it! But you can always cool off in the water. There are so many beautiful beaches there. My kids and I are professional beach bums:-)

Quoting usmclife58:

There is nothing good about summer here! It is too damn hot and humid to enjoy it, lol

Quoting USNHorton:

• usmclife58
    October 7, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I grew up here (NC), too. I still hate it. HATE it. I am not even a fan of the beach except for REALLY early in the summer or in the fall. 

Quoting USNHorton:

Oh I love it! But I grew up in that weather so I guess Im just used to it. The hotter the better! My man says Im cold blooded because, everyone else can be sweating away, and Im sitting in the sun loving it! But you can always cool off in the water. There are so many beautiful beaches there. My kids and I are professional beach bums:-)

Quoting usmclife58:

Quoting USNHorton:

• Seans_mommy123
    October 7, 2012 at 8:30 PM

We're currently here at Camp LeJeune. DH is a Marine and is actually deploying very soon. This will be deployment # 6 for us. 

• DOCSwife84
    October 8, 2012 at 8:35 AM
    Sean's-mommy...how soon?? Mine is leaving in a few months. Thanks everyone else for the ideas!! It will just be hard because all our family is 18 hours away. This is our first deployment with no family close by. Day cations sound wonderful!
  • crazycurls920
    October 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM
    I live about a half hour south of that base currently. I am always going to topsail island, the beach is so nice, almost never crowded. There is s festival this weekend with bands and such. Google " autumn on topsail"

Military Families

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN