Military Families

Featured Posts
carolina_gal
The commissary and pay day No groceries in our house today
September 28, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Sent DH to the commissary today with a nice size list.  He just called and said there wasn't a parking space to be had. Not sure what we were thinking sending him today. Guess we'll push through until next Tuesday.

Replies

• sweetone44_2004
    September 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM
    I am a Walmart lover. No matter where I live, I will only shop at Walmart. I got it from my dad lol. Dd is 3 and is catching on that Walmart is our go to shop. Luckily I have always lived less than 7ish minutes away from one! *in chanting annoying voice* WALMART WALMART WALMART!
  • sweetone44_2004
    September 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM
    Oh just want to add that dh went to the commissary here and got a bad cantelope (no clue how to spell that) and bad potatoes. :(
  • ccmvm
    by ccmvm
    September 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

i went to the commissary yesterday too, more people than usual...i actually had 2 people in front of me at the register Lol. our base is out in the middle of nowhere so we dont get too many people at the commissary (it also has only 3 registers and 4 self checkout lanes). I forget what larger bases commissaries are like!

• fmchavez
    September 30, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I wait until the Sunday after payday and go when most people here are in church. We just got back actually. It wasn't too bad. I've definitely been when it was worse. Like right before Thanksgiving. I've never felt like strangling more strangers than the payday before Thanksgiving at the commissary. Bunch of people are on leave now so it's less packed in general. It's usually pretty packed no matter when you go here though. Unless you go right when they open at 9am but even then. 

Meat is way cheaper here at the commissary so that's my main thing to get there. 

• betsyfaith
    September 30, 2012 at 3:01 PM
    I reallllllly miss stores with gas perks :(

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

We like publix for their BOGO sales. For us Winn Dixie was mad expensive so we tried not to go there unless they had something we needed on sale. Right now back home in Texas a local grocery store is having a gas special. You buy their gas card and get .12 off at the pump! It's awesome :)

Quoting TippyD:

we shop at winn dixie.. the fuel perks are AWESOME:) plus we price compared.. and if we get stuff on sale it is cheaper at WD:)   you just have to time sales, our commy has nasty produce.. soo between all that we save more by shopping at a "more expensive" store:)  we dont throw out as muvh in in produce cause it is better quality, there are more *healthier!* options as well as the fuel perks and savings with the BOGO *shrugs shoulders*   gotta do waht works for you though:) 

Quoting jas_momof2:

Not really...  If you coupon and watch local sales, you can actually do the same if not a bit better than the commissary.  just takes a bit of digging...

• bmc210
    by bmc210
    September 30, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    Living in Hawaii, the commissary is a lot cheaper than Walmart or any other store for groceries. The cost of living is high.
  • adoptivemomof1
    Mel
    September 30, 2012 at 6:50 PM

LOL! We are huge Wally World shoppers, too. The no-name stuff is so cheap! My 2 year old gets excited when we go because they have a McDonald's so she knows she gets a happy meal in the cart while we shop- yeah,  I am that mother ;)  but I think she is getting a tad to into it- she thinks you can get everything there...including, a new sister- she is on a kick for a sister and keeps telling us to go to Walmart because they have everything there she wants... ;p

Quoting sweetone44_2004:

I am a Walmart lover. No matter where I live, I will only shop at Walmart. I got it from my dad lol. Dd is 3 and is catching on that Walmart is our go to shop. Luckily I have always lived less than 7ish minutes away from one! *in chanting annoying voice* WALMART WALMART WALMART!

• Perfect.Pixie
    September 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    Agree

Quoting carolina_gal:

Nah. With the savings at the commissary it's worth the wait for us.

Quoting cocoroo:

You do realize there are other places to go grocery shopping, right?

• sweetone44_2004
    September 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    Omg my dd is the same way! The Walmart here has a subway though, which has the same effect because she loves subway to the moon and back! (I lucked out!) She is on the hunt for a brother though lmao. :) she keeps telling me to have a brother, or she will just have to turn in to a boy lol.

Quoting adoptivemomof1:

LOL! We are huge Wally World shoppers, too. The no-name stuff is so cheap! My 2 year old gets excited when we go because they have a McDonald's so she knows she gets a happy meal in the cart while we shop- yeah,  I am that mother ;)  but I think she is getting a tad to into it- she thinks you can get everything there...including, a new sister- she is on a kick for a sister and keeps telling us to go to Walmart because they have everything there she wants... ;p

Quoting sweetone44_2004:

• stephy_85
    October 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    We went to the commissary at Hunter yesterday and it wasn't to bad at all. Plus they had their case lot sale going on and we were in and out in a hour. I love it especially after all the craziness of the Ft Campbell commissary and case lot sales they had.

Military Families

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts